You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Anyone ever play Wrath of the Gods???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #1

Default Anyone ever play Wrath of the Gods???

I don't know how this game holds up now, but I remember being allowed to play this at school with a friend. I guess they thought it taught us greek mythology, (which it did do quite well, actually). In my mind, the game is golden because I have such fond memories of it...it may turn out to be crap if I play it again, but I loved it at the time.

Anyone else ever play this game?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior *female* member

Yep, I played it years ago and had a good time with it.

http://www.mythweb.com/index.html
Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #3

Hah, I vaguely remember this game!

I never really played it though, I just remember messing around a bit with it on some PC, I can't remember exactly where... it must have been either at a friends place or at one of the PCs we had in school back then.

I can't remember much of it though, other than it featuring some cheesy scanned graphics, and lots of information regarding mythology... which I seem to remember made it feel to much like an educational title to me, which is maybe why I didn't bother more with it.

EDIT - looked it up on Mobygames, here are some screenshots... it does indeed have some rather cheesy scanned graphics

Last edited by laffer; 04-12-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffer View Post
I can't remember much of it though, other than it featuring some cheesy scanned graphics, and lots of information regarding mythology... which I seem to remember made it feel to much like an educational title to me, which is maybe why I didn't bother more with it.
I played the game without consulting any mythology information. It really isn't that hard. Or maybe I paid attention in school or something. I think that only near the end a woman (an oracle? don't remember) appears with information you need. But since you haven't played the game you wouldn't know that.