You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Next Big Thing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #21

I really enjoyed this demo. The original runaway i thought had good puzles but hated the characters. There is really only one puzzle in this demo and its easy but the characters are lots of fun and the writing is insane (seriously nonsense sometimes, in a fun way). The graphics are good but animation is oddly choppy. Its not a fps issue either its steady 60 fps but choppy looking. Overall tho it was a good time and I am thinking of getting this now where previously I had no intentions of checking it out.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #22

Finished the demo yesterday, and Im really looking forward to the full version!

NBT has a touch of Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion (and maybe a little hint of Sam & Max) in it, but the game doesn't try to be the next "Grim" or Day" - It has its own quirky vibe.

Not too sure about the two main characters yet, but I'm sure they will grow on me.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #23

Wow, to be honest I didn´t like the concept but demo was fun.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
Banned User

Default The game just have released downloading now

Yes! i was waiting for this game so much!

I bought it and downloading through Metaboli wich is through the game official site.

In the site it still say pre order but in the download site its ready:

http://eu-focushop.gamesplanet.com/s...ext-big-thing/

"
Your games
The Next Big Thing

High-speed download (our download manager must be installed):
High-speed download file

OR

Manual download (if you don't want to use our download manager). Save the following files in the same folder:
Files no.1
Files no.2
Files no.3
Files no.4
Files no.5

Once all the files are downloaded in the same folder, install your game by double clicking on the .exe file and follow the installation process.

You will be asked for the following keys during installation or to activate extra content: ***********************
"

But its metaboli the download there is so slow or maybe its my pc.
I have 15MB package i should download very fast and its on avarage of 100kb/s means about more 7 hours and 50 minutes left.

I wish metaboli could do something about it.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #25

Yeah it looks really good. I will purchase the retail version when it hits the
shops down here. can't wait!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #26

I have also pre-ordererd the retail version. This will possibly be the adventure game of the year.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #27

Could someone let me know where they were able to order a physical copy of the game? I too do not like digital downloads, I collect adventure titles and this is one I want to add to my collection.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #28

i also preordered it.........amazon.co.uk
Old 04-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #29
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Nut View Post
Could someone let me know where they were able to order a physical copy of the game? I too do not like digital downloads, I collect adventure titles and this is one I want to add to my collection.
You can order it from Interact. Great company, excellent service.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #30
Senior Automaton

Let's hope the characters aren't as obnoxious as all the other Pendulo games.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #31

Thanks, jhetfield21 and aimless, I'll order from Interac as I've ordered from Just Adventure before and they just forward them there. I forgot all about that place. Looking forward to playing it, Runaway series was one of my favorite series, I have all 3 original releases sealed, this will go along with them.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #32
Banned User

Default Just finished the game last night GOTY

Game Of The Year so far. Im not sure what other adventure games coming in april ot may or in 2011. But so far this is the game of the year for me.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 or just 95+. No bugs great animationn story and voices and music. The only thing that cuold be better maybe is some of the puzzles that wasnt so logic. But even this not enough to destroy the perfect game.

Another thing you can easy press ALT+TAB and move between the windows and the game smooth.

The game is long enogh for me. Even though it took me only about 10 hours to finish. And i stuck few times and didnt use any walkthrough.

Great game!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #33
Protégée of Dr. O. Myklos

I LOVE the art and high production values of the Pendulo games. Unfortunately, though, that's about it.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #34

Straight from the super polished Black Mirror 3, I'm 1 hour into the game and I'm noticing quite a few graphical hiccups. Liz in the office (walking through chair and desk, and body disappearing partially near the door), and Dan outside walking under the ground... I'm kinda curious because previous replies say the game is polished and high in production values...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #35

I am hanging to play this.......
I just hope the humour (if any) is better than the Runaway series.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #36
Senior Automaton

Well I've been playing it and i'm up to chapter 4.... and I still have no idea what it's all about. I know, it's absurd! I'm beginning to think i'm stupid or something. The main characters are reporters (I think) working for someone who is after something, some monster baddies are after that same something, and I have to do something but what that something is could be anyone's guess. Hopefully I'll figure it out by the time the credits roll, wish me luck!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #37

I'm going to pass on this one. Story and characters too absurd. Graphics great but that doesn't matter if I don't actually CARE about what's going on.

Pendulo should reflect on games like the Secret Files series to understand story mechanics better. Absurd characters, lack of a cohesive story and illogical puzzles make it three strikes and you're out.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #38
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Well I've been playing it and i'm up to chapter 4.... and I still have no idea what it's all about. I know, it's absurd! I'm beginning to think i'm stupid or something. The main characters are reporters (I think) working for someone who is after something, some monster baddies are after that same something, and I have to do something but what that something is could be anyone's guess. Hopefully I'll figure it out by the time the credits roll, wish me luck!

Yeah I was a bit afraid this one wouldn't be so great. I think I'll try the demo out at some point but after playing so many super immersive games with interesting plots and great characters I'm just not feeling these cartoony (not a defining thing) silly games that don't seem to have a point to them.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Damn.... Thats rather off putting. I assumed it had at least some kind of coherent
story but going by what you have said I am not sure now....
I don't mind humour and the odd silly fun... but if the story is not making any sense,
I will loose interest pretty quick. Graphics and sound can only carry a game so far....
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weare6 View Post
Damn.... Thats rather off putting. I assumed it had at least some kind of coherent
story but going by what you have said I am not sure now....
I don't mind humour and the odd silly fun... but if the story is not making any sense,
I will loose interest pretty quick. Graphics and sound can only carry a game so far....

Don't worry, it does have a coherent story, it's just that they try to make it as incoherent as possible. Some people might like that because it allows multiple playthroughs, I personally am not going to play it again. The characters seem more interested in making jokes than shedding light on the story, which was annoying for me but it is funny at times and does have a nice twist at the end.