You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Runaway Trilogy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Adventure Game Veteran

Default The Runaway Trilogy

I could pretend this is not a rant but I'd be lying....

I own all of the series but I've only been able to enjoy the first one. This is because I've only managed to play the first one all the way through. The second one I can't finish because of a crash in the 3rd chapter which appears to be unfixable with those who own a digital copy. Finally I couldn't even start the 3rd installment because apperently it's unsupported by my laptop but it could run the previous games without a problem.

I wonder what Pendulo Studios thinking is, as from what I can tell, I'm not the only person with these problems. As much as I am interested in their anticipated title, I won't touch it after these bad experiences

Rant over..
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #2

I understand your frustration, few things are more annoying than having technical issues with games... I've been planning to get these games myself, I'll be careful with what version of the first sequel then... definitely won't be getting the digital version after reading your post.

Hardly ever get digital version anyway, though... but that's mainly because I'm old-fashioned and like to have a box whenever possible, and I also strongly dislike any kind of internet-based DRM... which a lot of digital downloads have.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #3

I neved had troubleshooting with Pendulo games and actually thought they are doing a very good job at optimizing their games to run smoothly.

I hope you'll resolve your issues, though.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #4

Where did you get the digital version of Runaway 2? I got it on Steam and played through with no issues. I'm still waiting for the third game to appear on there but I'm losing patience so I may purchase it elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #5

I really enjoyed the first one. For a modern game I can't think of too many better. I have been trying to complete the second one since the day it came out. It is just so unorthodox that it drives me crazy.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #6

When I couldn't play a few games that I really really wanted to play, eighter because of my graphic card, or other minimum requirement that I didn't have, had an in-game bug or just because I had a stupid pc, I used to watch the walkthroughts on youtube, daily motion, etc.
I know this is not quite ok, cause you aren't actually playing the game, but it's a last chance resort in some cases especially if you would like to "finish" Runaway 2.

(I'm not saying this is the case but if it is that in some cases of not meting the minimum requirements (especialy for graphic cards) I recommand 3d analyze as an emulator.I used it for a friend's pc on so blonde and pirates of vuju)

Last edited by kate me; 04-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.