You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (iPad)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #1

Default Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (iPad)

Has anyone picked this one up yet? There's been a whole heap of buzz about it, but I haven't seen any talk of it here.

I just played through the first section, which took me about 15 minutes. It had me mesmerized, it really did. The graphics and music are just a joy. It has a really simple interface -- tap to move around and solve puzzles. Turn the iPad vertically to engage in combat, where you tap the shield icon to block and the sword icon to swing. It all works flawlessly.

There's definitely more going on with the narrative than you can initially put your finger on -- there's a 4th wall-breaking narrator and the dialogue is written in a strangely casual, comedic manner -- so I can't wait to play more to find out what it all means
Old 03-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Writer-Designer

I've not finished it yet but my general impression is good, in spite of some inconsistencies.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 AM   #3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Me too, I'm still playing it but so far am greatly enjoying it. The tweettable texts with occasional nods to Internet culture are truly unique, as is the overall style of the game.

All in all, I'm finding it a bit too quirky and freeform but am still hoping for an underlying meaning.