You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hotel (on sale in Adventure Shop)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
She Wants Revenge

Default Hotel (on sale in Adventure Shop)

The item: http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet....l-2211-49.html

It's currently 3,5$ and I'm having hard time finding any info on the game. There is a review here and Adventure Classic Gaming and they are not that praising but lately I have noticed that many reviewers seem to be rather strict with many minor issues and I've found several 2-3 star games very enjoyable. So I'd like opinions just from us players now, if someone has played the game.

That price is of course ridiculously low so the game doesn't have to be amazing but if it's just total crap I shouldn't even waste the couple of euros and my hard drive space.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

What makes you think reviewers aren't game players? I write reviews and I'm very much a game player.

This is why it is important to read the text of a review and not simply go by the score. A well written review will tell you why the reviewer thought the game deserving of a particular score. I think Andrea has been very clear about what bothered him in the review here so its more a case of whether the issues he's raised would put you off a game as well.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
She Wants Revenge

Of course they are players too but there is only two reviews and some reviewers tend to be very critical even about minor issues. These long reviews often are a bit spoilerish too, that's why I usually skim a bit from the beginning and read the boxed part + comments. I don't really want to know the whole setting and half of the plot beforehand. Some less in-depth comments from different players would be much nicer way to know if I want to play a game or not.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
Grue Master

I have played Hotel and completely agree with Andreas Review. Especially the part where the game must have been geared towards the Casual market. I would consider it more like an Adventure Lite as they call them in the Casual genre and may get a better review there,