If you had one chance to bring back... - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure If you had one chance to bring back...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

Default If you had one chance to bring back...

Any game you like, what would you choose?

I would either go for another Discworld game, one of the first ever games I played as a child, this and Broken Sword were my routine, although I was young and never really understood the dialogue, playing the game back now I can really see the potentially perfect game which lies beneath.

Or I would change the way Broken Sword is now, the Appstore etc is just not what adventure gaming is about, and the cheek they made to 'remaster' Broken Sword. They really let me down, I just hope that the Broke Sword 5 I've heard about will be going back to its roots and will be exclusive for PC, for a while anyway.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Staff Member

I know I'm not alone in wanting another Gabriel Knight adventure--or even a successor to his throne, really. I loved the tone, humor, and horror of it and would like to see something new like it in the market today.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Designer
www.JasonLBlair.com
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlblair View Post
I know I'm not alone in wanting another Gabriel Knight adventure--or even a successor to his throne, really. I loved the tone, humor, and horror of it and would like to see something new like it in the market today.
Good choice, although I have not played them, I have heard some very good feedback for them. Might have to be something I need to check out, I'm currently thinking about starting Simon the Sorcerer series again, due to looking for some humour in my games
Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Grue Master

I would like to choose one that has the best chance of actually happening...another installment to the Tex Murphy series. Chris Jones and Aaron Connors have already reacquired the rights and have said they would love to do another although it may not be a FMV type due to the expense but I would love to see the original voices in a first person scenario.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Easily amused

I would love to find out if Grace is pregnant, so GK 4 would be my wish.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Replicant

Gabriel Knight or Police Quest for me as far as series are concerned.

I'd love to see something else in the Blade Runner universe though, favourite movie of all time and (a rare occurrence!), an excellent video game adaptation.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #7

Beneath A Steel Sky 2!
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Old timer - Adv. Addict

How about the final Longest Journey!!?

Although I fear that the story, as it was left at the end of dreamfall, can never come to a satisfying/beliavinle conclusion, not unlike Matrix 2 and 3 (puke)

But nevertheless
Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Senior *female* member

A sequel to the Last Express. Jerusalem, 13th tribe, the ring, the tower...
A new game by Brian Moriarty. Could even be a text adventure.
Gabriel Knight 4, on the condition that Wizarbox is in no way involved in the development.
A sequel to Machinarium.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #10

They should remake the original "Labyrinth" adventure game in the style of
Broken Sword or any kind of classic point and click. Its got a good fun story, cool characters and awesome environments... they could also get David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly to do the voices. I have such fond memories of this it would be so good to revisit the world again.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #11

Default Gabriel Knight

For sure it would be for me Gabriel Knight. Those games really got me hooked on adventure games. I would dream about the puzzles even at night. The best games I ever played.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #12
Baddest Badguy Ever

Day of the Tentacle, including the time travel mechanic. Maniac Mansion was good, but DOTT rules!

Stain
Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDLS View Post
If you had one chance to bring back... Any game you like, what would you choose?
Name:  blink.gif
Views: 450
Size:  1.0 KB

The Neverhood.

The matter of fact is that I not only have a chance to do so, but can do it any time I wish since the jewel box with that adventure game's disc is some 70 cm from my right hand right now.

Trunkyo made me want to play it again.

Now seriously: I don't get what this topic is about. Are we supposed to say what game would we like to see a sequel of (although the title doesn't seem to suggest so) or what?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #14
Schattenjäger

Definitely my two favourite series: Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy.
Both series left us with quite some unanswered questions and it would be fantastic to finally get these answers we've been waiting for for over ten years now. But also totally aside of that I'd go totally crazy if a new GK or Tex Murphy series would be announced. I grew up with these series and I love them as much today as I did back in the 90's and it would feel a lot like coming home. Who knows, maybe one day...
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...

Last edited by JackVanian; 03-24-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVanian View Post
Definitely my two favourite series: Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy.
Yes oh yes. The series not only have a great potentional, but their creators are still alive and hard working in the industry.
I would also love to see anything from Bob Bates and other members of Legend Entertainment, like the promised sequel to Eric the Unready. Also a sequel to Kyrandia series would be nice. And Shadow of the Comet 2 is my personal secret dream since the disappointing Prisoner of Ice...
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #16

Sam and Max: Freelance Police. Yep, THAT game that was cancelled on March 3, 2004. I'd really like to see it finished. No offense to Telltale's episodic series, but the episodes are too, well, short, and the voices of Sam and Max in those games sound like they're just there.

Duke Nukem Forever came back to life, why not this game?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #17
Schattenjäger

I have to say that since that whole Telltale/Sierra deal was announced I have hope for a new Gabriel Knight game for the first time in more than ten years. I have to admit that it's not so easy to imagine something like GK in Telltale style but I remain optimistic. If this would happen, Jane would surely be on board and having said that, I'm sure that something great would come out of the whole thing.

I really can't wait for further announcements from Telltale about the next Sierra franchise they'll bring back after King's Quest. Exciting times.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...

Last edited by JackVanian; 03-24-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #18
sleeper

mayyyyyybe Grim Fandango, if it was done right. But it wouldn't, so, hmm ...
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #19

Omikron: the Nomad Soul, and Starship Titanic. I suppose the latter is impossible, unless another author were given permission by the Adams estate. (Rest in peace, Douglas.)
Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #20

There's to many I like to see a sequel to! Almost everyone you mentioned + a few more....
But a few important ones are: DOTT 3, BS 5, Full throttle 2, Longest journey 3, Indigo prophecies 2, Gilbert Goodmate 2, etc.

Now I am waiting for the Secret files:Archimedes code....