Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   A new Gabriel Knight project? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28678-new-gabriel-knight-project.html)

MoP 03-08-2011 11:00 AM

A new Gabriel Knight project?

Facebook link.

http://i55.tinypic.com/30c0tqq.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eriq Chang
The Activision Wondershop™ helping Adventure Games "Rise from the Ashes" perhaps?

I have been sworn to secrecy by this silver-lined studio and that OTHER Queen of Adventure gaming that I'd keep my trap shut else I may end up a howling, blood-sucking voodoo doll tomorrow. I guess we'll see Sierra™ fans. Start "WISHING" hard!

The blurred text on the poster is quite obvious. What the hell?

marvio 03-08-2011 11:09 AM

Don't tease man!!

Come on, I'm an old bastid, my heart can't take it!!:D

jasonlblair 03-08-2011 11:44 AM

Very interesting.

Curious if it says "From the creator of Gabriel Knight" (or similar) though the man in the trenchcoat raises my eyebrow.

Very interesting.

Gonchi 03-08-2011 11:47 AM

Pocket Full of Rye?

inm8#2 03-08-2011 12:17 PM

I can only hope.

edit: Text under "Pocketful of R___" says "Animated Graphic Novel...", so I don't think this is a game. The top line ends with "adventure game," so I figure it says, "Based on the best-selling adventure game," or something like that.

edit 2: Maybe it is a game, I don't know. It would make sense why Activision gave the KQ green light to Telltale and not Phoenix Online...

Lucien21 03-08-2011 12:55 PM

I got the impression that Telltale has the rights to make any of the Sierra properties.

So this will be another fan game if it is a game and not a graphic novel.

Luther10 03-08-2011 01:33 PM

Oh please anyone but telltale, I don't like the games by that company...

DustCropper 03-08-2011 01:55 PM

I'm pretty certain the writing above the title "Pocketful of..." says ".... creator of Gabriel Knight." Presumably, "From the creator of Gabriel Knight."

Which would lead me to guess that it isn't a new Gabriel Knight game, but something to do with Jane Jensen...

GarageGothic 03-08-2011 02:09 PM

Squinting a bit, the text above the title seems to read "The word of Gabriel Knight" - could it be that, instead of violating Jane's wishes against someone else doing a GK game, this is a Blake Backlash mystery?

Alternately, it could also say "The World of Gabriel Knight", as in set in the same universe but with a different main character - making the unidentified man... Mosely, perhaps?

zane 03-08-2011 02:33 PM

welll...i clearly see the text "from the studio that brought you the silver lining" (the fan KQ game)
so that makes me cautious.... but what is going on here...... very strange.

inm8#2 03-08-2011 02:42 PM

This reminds of after GK3 came out when everyone on the Sierra forums and elsewhere was trying to decipher what
Spoiler:
Grace's note @ the end of the game said. It was something like, "I've gone to study with ___(the monk)."

In the words of Sam Everett, this image is a "classic misdirect."

zane 03-08-2011 02:55 PM

upon further examination... im pretty sure it does say "the world of gabriel knight" above the phrase that says "pocketful of"

diego 03-08-2011 03:25 PM

Ok, let's try to sum it up here:

The title presumably says: "The World of Gabriel Knight" and below - A Animated Graphic-Novel... adventure from the studio that brought you King's Quest IX: The Silver Lining

Now, if we know that recently Jane Jensen had been playing Silver Lining everything is going in the direction of cooperation between Jane Jensen and Phoenix Online in some kind of a new GK project

Arial Type 03-08-2011 03:49 PM

"The World of Blurry Gabriel Knight: Pocketful of Rum"? Oh yeah!

Fien 03-08-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego (Post 574468)
Now, if we know that recently Jane Jensen had been playing Silver Lining everything is going in the direction of cooperation between Jane Jensen and Phoenix Online in some kind of a new GK project

I don't like the Silver Lining fan stuff, far too amateurish. Doesn't spell any good if Jane is considering some kind of "cooperation". But unless someone has real proof I don't believe it for a moment. My impression is that she was just being polite with her carefully worded, noncommittal comments: It was cool to be reminded of the ‘land of the green isles’ again and some of those old characters. It is an impressive thing to achieve with volunteer workers and little to no budget. Good work.

inm8#2 03-08-2011 04:28 PM

*sigh*

http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/...9329#msg319329

zane 03-08-2011 05:04 PM

so in other words... this poster was made years ago and isnt relevant in any way....

:frusty:

edit: actually it deeply amuses me that we learn in those forum posts that this was from a time when the game was still called KQ9. That means the dialogue for years has been "what series will we hijack next???"

Collector 03-08-2011 05:35 PM

As much as I dislike TellTale's style, please, oh please not POS. Anyone but, even TellTale over POS. If they thought that KQ fans were too critical, wait until they face the ire of GK fans over the same amateurish juvenile crap.

3rdFloor 03-08-2011 06:03 PM

Why random chucks of a mock-up poster dating from many years ago was published is beyond irrelevant. It's probably a VERY good thing it isn't happening however, considering what POS did with King's Quest.

While I did love the old Sierra properties back then, I don't feel they necessarily need to return. At least not when produced with melodramatic and cheesy stories nor an episodic assembly-line manufacture. Those are best reserved to sitcoms and Reese chocolate cups. Sierra-style games require deeper artistic and technical means.

zane 03-08-2011 06:09 PM

yeah seriously i probably wouldv flipped out if they launched a gk project without jane jensen. Im annoyed with what they did with KQ, but nobodies allowed to mess up GK, except for jane :D

Anyway, that post has been removed from facebook it would seem.