You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #1

Default Suggestions?

Hi, I'm newish to gaming and wondered if you could offer any suggestions of games to try.

I have played VV (all of them), Kingdom for a Princess (both of them), Paradise (struggled a bit with that one), currently playing The Lost Crown (and stuck at the moment!). Also played Drawn, Cradle of Rome,Gemini Lost, Island Realms, Luxor (all of them)

I really enjoy games such as TLC and Paradise (also enjoyed Castaway) but sometimes, I like a game to just play on - no brainpower, so I can just spend between 20 and 30 mins of playing and leave the game. I found KFaP and VV really good for this.

Not keen on games of killing sprees and fighting.

I would be really grateful if you have any suggestions - I hate, loathe and detest hidden object games. I liked them to begin with but after a while, it felt too much like hunting for my car keys!

I love 'kingdom building' and puzzle games with different types of puzzles involved.

Hope you can help
Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Lazy Bee

Check out the game recommendation-thread: one of the sticky threads in this part of the forum. Hopefully it'll give you some suggestions to start with.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

Easy! A must buy for any gamer worth their salt is of course 'Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Director's Cut)'.

It's a classic game of history, intrigue, death and mystery that will enthrall and entice. At $5.99 from GOG you'd have to have a screw loose not to jump on it!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #4

No brainpower adventure games....hmmmmmm....
let me think....

Ok, I suggest one of my favorite games, The Last Express. Its fairly easy to play and to get into, walking around the train, listening to conversations, talking to other characters... Game doesn't have puzzles in the traditional sense... There are moments further into game requiring you to do certain things at certain places but other than that, its a pretty easy going game with great graphics, great soundtrack, great voice acting and an awesome story...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Check out the game recommendation-thread: one of the sticky threads in this part of the forum. Hopefully it'll give you some suggestions to start with.
Will do - many thanks for the guide
Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
Easy! A must buy for any gamer worth their salt is of course 'Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Director's Cut)'.

It's a classic game of history, intrigue, death and mystery that will enthrall and entice. At $5.99 from GOG you'd have to have a screw loose not to jump on it!
It must be an instinct - I had ordered that and it arrived yesterday! I'm interested in the whole Templar story anyway so that's what grabbed my attention. Old games are like new games to me, thank you for taking the time to reply
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
No brainpower adventure games....hmmmmmm....
let me think....

Ok, I suggest one of my favorite games, The Last Express. Its fairly easy to play and to get into, walking around the train, listening to conversations, talking to other characters... Game doesn't have puzzles in the traditional sense... There are moments further into game requiring you to do certain things at certain places but other than that, its a pretty easy going game with great graphics, great soundtrack, great voice acting and an awesome story...
I didn't even know that was there! I shall have a look. I do have brain testing games (which I fail miserably at ) but sometimes, I like to just have a quick play rather than sit for a while puzzling stuff out. I shall look up The Last Express as well.

Many thanks to you also for taking the time to reply
Old 03-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #8

You might like Machinarium. It's very amusing and also good for a quick play.