You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gemini Rue reminds me I still like ADV games....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #21

you can at least try it yourself.see the demo.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #22
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
Personally I play adventures strictly for good puzzles.
You are playing The Longest Journey for its good puzzles?? Just asking...
Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
From everything I have read, the game barely has puzzles that aren;t cake.. more of an interactive video game story. Maybe try more casual games?

Personally I play adventures strictly for good puzzles. Stories are a bonus, if good(which they rarely are). Just can't compare, imo, with a good book, or tv show(BSG, farscape, dexter)
I'm the other way around, I play adventure games mainly for stories. And yes, yes, yes, some of you will say why not just read a book instead, well, I love to read good books too, but at the same time I still want my games to have great stories. Good puzzles and gameplay are important, as well as visuals and audio, but story still comes first. I don't mind playing adventure game light on gameplay or with terrible puzzles, just as long as it has a strong story, I'm all for it.....

And Gemini Rue does have one hell of a story, and I love the plot twist (didn't see it coming). I'm putting the story right up there with the Gabriel Knight games, Last Express, Heavy Rain, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, and the amazing Sanitarium.
eplay or with terrible puzzles, just as long as it has a strong story, I'm all for it.....

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis

Last edited by Luther10; 03-07-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 AM   #24
Dr Uberman

Played the demo, loved it, went to the official site, loved how you could pay by Paypal and bought it. Now reading this thread when I should be playing it

Dave, can you give us an idea of how many copies you have sold?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge View Post
Played the demo, loved it, went to the official site, loved how you could pay by Paypal and bought it. Now reading this thread when I should be playing it

Dave, can you give us an idea of how many copies you have sold?
While I never like to give out sales numbers, I did do a sort of sales prediction on my blog here. about a month ago. The current sales are already above the predictions, so we're quite happy with how the game is selling.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #26

Just finished - great game!

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 06-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #27

This game was certainly amazing and deserving of all its praise. I just started playing it Wednesday and I already finished the game because the story was so good! While I have been really enjoying the story in the Back to the Future games I think this will deserves best story of the year award for adventure games. (Those are the only two released this year that I've played so it's probably too early to decide).
Also I love the retro style graphics! I have just come back to adventure games in the last year after not playing very many in the past 5 years previous and this game reiterates why this genre is so important to me.

To anyone on the fence, go to wadjeteye and download a copy. $15 well worth it!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #28

Finished Gemini Rue yesterday.

It´s the first adventure game I played in a long time and it has been a great experience.
Indeed reminded me that I still like ADV games.
It´s a no-brainer to recommend this game to anyone who likes Blade Runner.
It really looks, sounds and feels like a spin-off of said masterpiece.

Since I´was born in the late 70´s, and being a huge fan of Sins of the Fathers I had no problem with the graphics style.
On the contrary ! I loved it. The game probably wouldn´t work that well with high-res up-to-date graphics.

Voice acting is very convincing except for some very minor bit-parts.
Azriel is AMAZING. Sounds alike Roy Conrad which of course is a huge plus.

Music and effects are top notch quality as well.
The score is fortunately influenced by Vangelis and Thomas Newman.
My favorite piece of music being the piano track which randomly plays while you´re on
Spoiler:
Center 7

Although one could guess the plot´s outcome it still left me satisfied and even managed to make me reflect on the game for hours.

I´ll start L.A.Noire now but will definately revisit this game to check out Joshua Nuernberger´s commentary track soon.
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #29
Senior Automaton

I seem to be the only one that didn't think much of this game. The first half in the city was quite good, but lost me completely after that. I also didn't think the shooting fit very well, and it was too easy. It was a decent game, it just didn't stand out against all the other great recent adventure games.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #30

Gemini Rue reminds me of the old Sierra games. Golden.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #31

Brilliant game. Does anyone know

Spoiler:
what happened to ruin center 7 after delta-six left? The director starts to explain and it cuts away. Or is that left to the imagination