You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #41
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
God, you'll take offense at anything, won't you?
Heh... yeah, I'm not fussy, I take it where I can get it.

Quote:
For the record, that wasn't a dig at you. It referred to people making comments like "Low res graphics. No thanks. We are in 2011." Or one comment on another site that contrasted it with screens from So Blonde (the art of which is shiny, but looks - in my opinion - pretty indifferent).
Good luck. I'll never be able to make you see the beauty of Riven, and your best arguments don't stand a chance against my "subjective preferences", but at least you and agree that Gemini is a great game.

BTW, giving me the choice between some anime game I haven't played and Blade Runner is hardly fair when I was talking about modern graphics. I'll choose Blade Runner anytime though.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #42
J.H
Frak.

My thoughts on the demo.

Still haven't managed to play the full game yet
Old 03-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I'm not speaking for Gemini Rue, as I haven't played it yet and do expect to enjoy it. There is still room for nostalgia pieces, along the lines of Mega Man 9 - but they should not be seen as much more than nostalgia pieces.
Perhaps for games whose appeal centres around gameplay mechanics, but for adventure games a great story and evocative atmosphere is worthwhile no matter the interactive dressings. A great book written in the 50s is still a great book (in most cases) and you wouldn't call it a nostalgia piece. As would any film made in that time, or set in that time period.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #44

Hi all adventure gamers. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Now, about Gemini Rue demo, i loved the atmosphere; it reminded me of BASS - one of my all time favourite adventure games. I wasn't pleased at the gameplay however, as it felt to me like there were no puzzles. I mean climbing up/down the staris, opening some doors and connecting to a console can hardly be considered as puzzles. It felt like all of that was added just so we can have some interactivity. This reminded me of Dreamfall.

I like a good story, but i like gameplay just as much. Are there some real puzzles later in the game?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
Hi all adventure gamers. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Now, about Gemini Rue demo, i loved the atmosphere; it reminded me of BASS - one of my all time favourite adventure games. I wasn't pleased at the gameplay however, as it felt to me like there were no puzzles. I mean climbing up/down the staris, opening some doors and connecting to a console can hardly be considered as puzzles. It felt like all of that was added just so we can have some interactivity. This reminded me of Dreamfall.

I like a good story, but i like gameplay just as much. Are there some real puzzles later in the game?
BASS? Are you the one who wrote a BASS comment on one of my Gemini Rue videos over at youtube?

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #46

Nope, i don't usually leave comments on youtube. BASS is an acronym for Beneath a Steel Sky.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Nope, i don't usually leave comments on youtube. BASS is an acronym for Beneath a Steel Sky.
i believe he knows what BASS is and that's why he asked.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #48
Schättenjager

Anyone tried -windowed mode running on like 360x240 [8D]
Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
i believe he knows what BASS is and that's why he asked.
hehe, actually I didn't know , that's why I was so surprised the term came up twice within an hour and I thought he was the same person...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #50

lol i thought you knew......it's like the most known acronyms along with MI in adventure games.or at least from what i've seen.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #51

Quote:
Are there some real puzzles later in the game?
hmmm no.. sorry the story and the stakes gets more interesting towards the end of the game than the rather dull first 70%, but the puzzles pretty much stays the same,