You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Codger

Default Big Fish Games

I know there is an affiliation of some sort here. But I have to say something.

I love adventure games and, as has been well documented, also a big fan of "adventure lite" games. Phantasmat is my current play.

All that said, Big Fish Game has absolutely, beyond comparison, the best customer service of any game publisher out there. If I have a technical problem with a game, they give me a credit for the game. And, most recently, I bought a game, sight unseen, based on my wife's recommendation. I hated it. I told them so. And they gave me a credit.

Whether you like HOGs or lite-adventures. Doesn't matter. BFG is absolutely the best and most responsive distributor/publisher.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #2

Thats great to hear. I usually get the games either through steam and such, but I always check Big Fish to find the latest casual games.

I too absolutely love Phantasmat.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Feh, found Phantasmat's ending a bit too simple, and the puzzles felt like they were being solved for me (besides the "light all the dots" puzzle, which I ended up skipping). Liked the atmosphere and the setting though.

I'm a big fan of Big Fish games, I have a subscription with them, so I pay less for my games, and always have a "free" credit to use. I've been a bit spoiled though, so I'm currently preferring Collector's editions (and then having trouble deciding what to use my free credit on).

I like their collector's edition with included strategy guide and extra game play, I like the small, but good collection of adventure games they offer for a low price (I own Syberia 1 and 2, Sinking Island and Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer through them).

My favourite thing though is the game manager, which doesn't only allow an easy view and storage of my games, but also allows me to be logged in on several pcs at the same time. This means I have my games both on my main and my netbook, and my mom can use my account to play my games too.
Big fish games game manager is the only digital download manager I know of that allow several computers to be logged in simultaneously.
(My mom often buys games with my account too, so I'm not willing to accept that we somehow "cheat" Big fish games out of money. This way I can play the games she buys, that I might not normally have bought (I wouldn't have bought Drawn Dark Flight Collector's edition if my little sister hadn't wanted to play it) and she can play the rather substantial amount of games I buy, including many she would never have bought herself, like Dire Grove)

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #4

Also I believe I've heard that company is strictly against crunch-time for the developers

@Panthera: lol that's one adventure-game-crazy family
Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #5

Default Mmm...

I don't know, I find the software a tad sloppy. Much as the demos all worked fine I currently have 3 games I've been unable to get running (all Big Fish, and yes the PC is recent enough to handle it).

Forum combing gave a few tricks that sometimes get them working but so far they haven't worked for me.

I'm hoping when I get a running laptop again I can get them going on that...