You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Conspiracies II - Lethal Networks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #1

Default Conspiracies II - Lethal Networks

Hello to everyone!

We are proud to announce that Conspiracies II - Lethal Networks, has gone gold!

After a lot of years of development, and beta testing, our game is finally ready!
We will release our game in March on the Greek Market, and via internet from our site everywhere.

So stay tuned everybody , Conspiracies II is Launching!

Don't forget, Our game is going to be released in a "pan - european" version which features , Greek, English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and also 2 1/2 hours of high definition video.

Anima ppd-interactive Team
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Psychonaut

oooh another FMV game.

I liked the first one. Very Tex Murphy.

This could be cool.

If only your website would actually open.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Oooh. I liked the first one too. I need to look for this.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Psychonaut

Great minds thinks alike.

In other news the website is working

http://www.anima-ppd.com/
Old 02-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #5
She Wants Revenge

Is the first part worth it? Considering buying it but it has had some mixed reviews. It seems pretty interesting, are the bad sides more than graphic and acting issues?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Super Moderator

@ millenia:

It has a different control scheme - you use the mouse to move side to side and up and down. Then you use the arrow keys to move forward or back. It takes a bit getting used to. But I loved the story and the lead character grew on me immensely. There was something about it that hooked me and I've played it more than once.

I have no idea if there's a demo around anywhere that you could try.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Senior Automaton

This is a great game, I'm surprised it is so overlooked. Anyone who likes Tex Murphy needs to get this, as it is almost like a love letter to him, from the characters to the futuristic setting. The HD FMV is a joy to watch.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Strategy Guide Author

How much do you lose if you don't play the first game? I have it just not sure if I wanna go through a hassle of trying to get it to work on Win 7.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #9

Quote:
How much do you lose if you don't play the first game? I have it just not sure if I wanna go through a hassle of trying to get it to work on Win 7.
I am only going through the 1st Conspiracies game now, but I imagine it's (necessarily) not essential that you have played the 1st but certainly there is going to be at least some call-back/continuity fun if you have...

But, what I can say, is that you will "lose" out on a truly frustrating game experience. It appears, more and more, to me that this might be the most frustrating game ever created!

There is a lot of praise for this game in the many reviews that, in the end, generally seem to end up giving it a pretty middling score. And that's because there is too much of what I am experiencing: frustration. All kinds of frustrations are mentioned: cheap graphics; bad acting; over-dubs; this; that; and the other. But, while maybe "this" is true and maybe "that" is true, these aesthetics-based things hardly bother me -- I'm even charmed by most of it. And I too have found (and expect to find) much (more) to love about the game.

My only real complaint is with the problem-solving. This game has problems with the problems! Its a very real let-down because what makes an adventure game for me is the figuring-out-what-to-do.

I've played tons of AGs. And I've never found a single one that didn't have at least one instance of poorly constructed gameplay. Even the best games have something confoundedly obscure or obtuse. But this game is spectacular in this sense. I've just begun and I've already come across 3 HUGELY obnoxious instances of the aforementioned:

Spoiler:

Stand back just exactly there... and then use the broom? Are you kidding me?

"734"? Because "BuSyMaN"? C'mon... Are. you. kidding. me?

Push that tiny red button (again, just exactly there)? Really? Are you fucking kidding me?

These are really terrible and made worse, believe it or not, by the gameplay mechanics.

And, from what I've gleaned by skimming through Conspiracies reviews and such, these are not even the most infamous cases of such absurdities; those are still to come!

It's just sad because this is a game that I can tell many people worked hard on and did some excellent work on; and it's exactly the kind of game I cherish. I want to like this game so much more than I honestly can -- therein lies the real frustration.

I don't like walkthroughs. I don't use walkthroughs. As I said, I've played tons of AGs and I don't want to have to be "walked" through. It defeats the very purpose of playing an AG as far as I'm concerned. But, I guess it has become such a standard thing with the way games are played these days that it has fed-back into the way games are designed?

I know I'm very capable of solving good, tough, thoughtful, thought-provoking "puzzles". I don't use walkthroughs. I don't like walkthroughs. It defeats the very purpose...

I want to be challenged.

But not 734'd.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #10

Well, I continued to play Conspiracies (1) and it continued to disappoint.

More and more completely random and nonsensical "solutions".

It's a terrible game. It's not enough to believe that there is some intriguing story somewhere. I certainly haven't found anything particularly interesting so far and I've definitely given the game a lot of forgiving leeway trying to find an over-riding interest. It's a terribly constructed mess and I couldn't care less.

I am interested to know, though, if anyone can verify that Conspiracies 2 has avoided the serious breakdown in whatever the hell whoever the hell designed Conspiracies (1) was thinking.