You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sierra Adventure Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho View Post
I think there's a difference between a dead end (which usually comes about because the designer neglected to realize that you could get to a point where you couldn't progress) and an ending that's less than optimal because you made one or more decisions that had consequences down the line. CONQUESTS OF CAMELOT, for instance, has NO dead ends of the former sort.
BTW, Josh, do you know if Telltale has any plans for the Space Quest series? Will you partner with them if they suggest you to participate in the project? It would be awesome if you design/write the episodes.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #22

Thanks! I just read through the thread, and it was really interesting for me. I actually completed King's Quest 1 yesterday, so I will continue on with King's Quest 2 just like the reviewer in that thread
Old 02-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
I think there is another one, although I might be mis-remembering...

Spoiler:
If you don't get the snake scale from the fortune teller's scarf before giving it back to her you can't convince Mosely to re-open the case.
This is absolutely correct.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #24

The QFG-games were actually rather light on real dead ends...most of the time you got permanently stuck was due to the player dropping items of vital importance which is kinda like asking for it. But if you play through a QFG game, pay attention and don't do anything stupid, you're not very likely to get stuck. It doesn't have the "gotcha"-gameplay of games like King's Quest 5.

BTW, shameless plug, AGDI's just-released KQ3 remake doesn't have dead ends either...unless you save at a really, really, really bad time. (like a few seconds before the wizard returns, far away from the mansion with contraband in your pockets)

Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #25

Thats nice to hear about Quest for Glory, as I was planning on playing the first one after I'm done with KQ2.

I will just say, as someone who have been primarily exposed to the Lucasarts-side of things, it is really great to finally play these old classics. Don't know why I have not done it before though
Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #26

Quote:
I think there's a difference between a dead end (which usually comes about because the designer neglected to realize that you could get to a point where you couldn't progress) and an ending that's less than optimal because you made one or more decisions that had consequences down the line. CONQUESTS OF CAMELOT, for instance, has NO dead ends of the former sort.
Josh Mandel! Has Telltale tried to contact you or asked if you'd want to be involved in their King's Quest project? If they did ask, would you want to?

Of course, I realize that if you have been contacted, you probably can't talk about it, but I would love to see you involved in some capacity. I have some doubts about how Telltale might handle the franchise, but I'd feel a lot better knowing that a former Sierra designer, particularly the guy who wrote KQ1SCI and who was the original voice of King Graham, was on board.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
Third Guy from Andromeda

Telltale and I have spoken a bit lately, but there's nothing more I can (or should) say about it!

But I would love to be King Graham for Telltale, and I trust them completely with the property.

--Josh
Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Telltale and I have spoken a bit lately, but there's nothing more I can (or should) say about it!

But I would love to be King Graham for Telltale, and I trust them completely with the property.

--Josh
Thanks for the response! (Hopefully I'm not getting you into to trouble or anything.) I definitely feel a lot better about the game knowing that you've talked to Telltale and that the project has your blessing.