Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Need Help with a Forgotten Title (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28523-need-help-forgotten-title.html)

Wim 02-12-2011 08:12 AM

Need Help with a Forgotten Title

Hi Guys,

I'm a new guy here and I noticed that these forums are dedicated to adventure games. I need a little help with a title and I'll describe it in as much detail as I can remember. I hope you guys can help me.

It was almost 20 years ago when I last played that game. I remembered playing it only three (3) times because it wasn't my game and wasn't my computer; I was on vacation then. It used the old type CD-Rom where you put the disc inside a white container and then into the drive. The OS was Windows 95 (the first buggy release in 13 1.44" Floppies) and the PC was a 486-DX2 66MHz. It had really cool SVGA graphics for its time.

I am not sure about this but I think it was an FMV. It had a Myst-like feel to it and like a CSI-type of game. It was released about the same time as the Journeyman Project because I played it before I played the Journeyman Project II - Buried in Time.

The game was like this: I think you are some sort of small, yellow, space probe floating inside a huge derelict spaceship gathering clues about something (like an accident inside the ship that caused it to lose power or something like that). You're chased by alien monsters and you have some kind of tool that fires blue or purplish beams to defend yourself which doubled as a welding torch (I may be wrong about this). You have tons of equipment on you - magnifying equipment, a robotic collection arm, radar, some sort of monitor with a green grid, collection tubes, database, etc.

I never got past any stage, if there was any... and the puzzles were kind of difficult. I just remember that when you start the game, the title screen had a blue logo with you (as the round, floating, yellow probe) on the left. It looked a lot like the "Liquid Entertainment" logo (the makers of Battle Realms").

That's about all I can remember. I hope someone knows what I am taking about. Please PM me, reply to this thread, or e-mail me...

Thanks,

Wim

Owskie 02-12-2011 08:18 AM

daedalus encounter?

ozzie 02-12-2011 09:21 AM

It might be Iron Helix.

Wim 02-12-2011 09:40 AM

Re: Need Help with a Forgotten Title

@Owskie: Nope, that's not it. I think I have that.

@ozzie: Dude! That's the one!

Thanks, guys! Now, how do I close this thread? I'll figure it out.

Thanks again, guys! :)

********* UPDATE ***********
I don't think I can close this thread... just read the FAQs. I think only a moderator can do that here. Anyway, this is solved so if there are moderators here, please close this thread! Thank you! :)