You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What should I play next?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #1

Default What should I play next?

What game should I play next? Here are the ones I am evaluating (I included price because lets face it, it factors into the choice ):

Alter Ego - $11.97
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis - $14.99
Lost Horizon - $19.99
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual - $7.99
The Last Express - $5.99
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #2

The Last Express is the best of the bunch, it can be confusing at first, it has untypical gameplay with rewinds

Nemesis is so-so, better than Awakened and Jack The Ripper but worse than Silver Earring and earlier Sherlock Holmes adventures

Chronicles of Mystery is a bit generic, but not that bad
Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #3

Sounds good, I've been meaning to hit The Last Express for a while now.

How is Alter Ego? Looks interesting but I heard the end is a bit of a let down.

I really liked SH v. JR and the Awakened, so I suppose I should like Nemesis more when I get around to it
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Schattenjäger

last express is the only of these games iv played. And its quite special. The style is something you'll likely have to get used to, but the game is art.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #5

I have played all of the mentioned games, except of "The Last Express". Here's my opinion:

Alter Ego

Solid graphics and settings, mediocre voice-acting, mostly gloomy atmosphere. Rather uninspiring story and gameplay. Controversial ending.

Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis

IMO, a real treat for puzzle lovers, even for the most demanding ones. Very good graphics and sound as well as convincing voice-acting. The story is dull sometimes, but the puzzles are the driving element in this case.

Lost Horizon

A well-polished game in every aspect. I'm only a bit dissapointed because the gameplay is mostly self-explanatory, though the game features several well-thought-of puzzles as well. Also, I've expected a bit wittier humor.

Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual

A mediocre title, except for rather good graphic and locations. Story is too thin and sometimes confusing, puzzles are mostly obvious. The voice of the main character was quite good, though.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

I agree with diego and zane: the last express is a bit weird as you start to play the game (however, a great game), but you'll get into it. I'd say go for "The Last Express" if you have want to play something original but unusual game.
Go for "Lost Horizon" if you want a really good game, but a pretty un-original one.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
lost in rubacava

Never having played The Last Express, I have no opinion on it, but of that group, I'd definitely forget Alter Ego unless you want to play as two of the dreariest characters in games (the detective is close to moronic) and go for Lost Horizon. Who needs originality when a game is this much fun to play?