You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Last Express on GOG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #21

Out of curiosity what is the difference between the dos and windows versions? I've only found mention of some error related to the cursor on another site....
Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #22

I bought it from that 50% off Sale on GOG...had a quick play last night and man it's a little creepy.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #23

Picked it up as well though I've not yet had the chance to start. More than willing to pick up the DotEmu version too if there's some benefit to it....though for my experiences thus far the gog versions of games seem to work without any problems and other sites are not quite as consistent. But even if it's the "inferior" version or whatever for $2.99 it'd be silly to pass it up.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
Picked it up as well though I've not yet had the chance to start. More than willing to pick up the DotEmu version too if there's some benefit to it....though for my experiences thus far the gog versions of games seem to work without any problems and other sites are not quite as consistent. But even if it's the "inferior" version or whatever for $2.99 it'd be silly to pass it up.
DotEmu version runs fine on Win XP without use of dosbox (my case), on Win 7 it runs with using dosbox (people said)... Its biggest benefit is the fact it includes 6 language versions: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian. (Plus soundtrack - well, GoG has soundtrack, too.) That is quite nice, if you want to hear and see (all documents are tranlated from English, too) how they managed these localisations or prefer one those languages to the original English.

Anyway, enjoy the game! It is not very long, but has incredible replayability value.

Last edited by veruncheek; 01-05-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by veruncheek View Post
DotEmu version runs fine on Win XP without use of dosbox (my case), on Win 7 i runs with using dosbox (people said)... Its biggest benefit is the fact it includes 6 language versions: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Russian. (Plus soundtrack - well, GoG has soundtrack, too.) That is quite nice, if you want to hear and see (all documents are tranlated from English, too) how they managed these localisations or prefer one those languages to the original English.

Anyway, enjoy the game! It is not very long, but has incredible replayability value.
Cool. I wasn't sure if the windows version was enhanced in any major way (ie new sequences/areas, characters, etc). I'll give the gog version a go and know that I can fall back on the dotemu version if need be.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
In an evening of July...

Picked up the GOG version, and, of course, it refused to run smoothly inside DOSBox inside Windows inside Parallels inside Mac.

DOSBox on Lion is currently a disaster and a buggy mess, but then I discovered Boxer, which apparently uses a patched version of DOSBox and offers a beautiful GUI as well as the ability to import GOG games; TLE runs perfectly now.