You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Games on Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to valypan Send a message via MSN to valypan Send a message via Yahoo to valypan
Default Adventure Games on Mac

Hello fellow adventurers,

I just wanted to share the good news about the brand new Mac Store, which already feature a few games never before available for the Mac, such as Nancy Drew and Secrets of Da Vinci. It´s a great day for adventure gamers and Mac owners. I can hardly wait to see how this will develop in the future.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #2

Default Mac?

Ah yes, my first machine I bought and played adventures on was a C128. The best was 'Beyond Zork' -- fun.

Then the Amiga - which had a hard drive and I loved "Dark Seed' on it.

The Mac surpassed the Amiga in Graphics in 1993 and I played 'Myst' on a Mac - simply amazing. There was a time when adventure games such as 'Spaceship Warlock' were on the Mac first.

But - by 1998 I played adventure games on a PC because it was now getting all the cool adventure games like "Bladerunner".

Now - this is true for my Nintendo Dsi XL. - I will always recall 'Myst' on a Mac - it was amazing in its day.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 01-09-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
But - by 1998 I played adventure games on a PC because it was now getting all the cool adventure games like "Bladerunner".

Now - this is true for my Nintendo Dsi XL. - I will always recall 'Myst' on a Mac - it was amazing in its day.

Yes indeed I remember those times dearly. First time I played Myst was on a Mac also and it was like nothing I had ever seen before....... Simply beautiful.
Then they just got better and better. I was very sad when the series stopped as I was finely getting good at them. Maybe they will release something similar to Myst but with a different story.