Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Last Crown (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28351-last-crown.html)

Fien 01-05-2011 03:37 AM

The Last Crown

News and a test at

http://www.thelastcrown.com/

Tiocfaidh 01-05-2011 04:15 AM

Thanks Fien !

Probably my most anticipated AG 2011 :)

Fien 01-05-2011 04:28 AM

I'm very much looking forward to it as well. We'll have to wait till Easter. Says Jonathan in his blog:

http://jonathanboakes.blogspot.com/2...ychometry.html

Tiocfaidh 01-05-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 568406)
I'm very much looking forward to it as well. We'll have to wait till Easter. Says Jonathan in his blog:

http://jonathanboakes.blogspot.com/2...ychometry.html

Only 3 1/2 months left ?

Considering how incredibly fast the year 2010 passed by (in an eerily TOO fast kinda way)
that´s not too far away.

Curious about the HADDEN storyline.
Hopefully we´ll get some answers this time :)

Niko 01-05-2011 07:34 AM

I really enjoyed the, Lost Crown, very good compared to the other games they released. One to look out for in 2011, between all the other big titles.

SamandMax 01-05-2011 08:02 AM

I didn't think this would come out until next fall so an Easter release is a pleasant surprise.

Jelena 01-05-2011 10:25 AM

Ooh, good news. Easter isn't far away.
I'm currently replaying Barrow Hill and will continue with The Lost Crown (ahem, Bad Mojo is still on the shelf). All in preparation for the trip to Cornwall in May.

Fantasysci5 01-05-2011 04:34 PM

:9~ I'm not sure if we'll get any more answers, but I'm looking forward to it so much!! The small game was fun to play, and got me in the mood for sure. :D

Arial Type 01-05-2011 06:30 PM

Jonathan is one of the most faithful adventure designers today, and I'm ready to play any game he released, even though I didn't enjoy DarkFall 3 that much.

zoecastillo 01-05-2011 07:03 PM

Oh wow, really - only 3 months? I'm soooooo happy! I feel like I've been waiting for years - oh yeah, I have! I just read Boakes' blog a few weeks ago and I thought we had to wait until end of 2011 - this is really great news! The only other game I'm waiting for with equally high anticipation is Black Mirror 3. 2011 is looking up!

tastebud 01-06-2011 01:27 AM

definately getting this. although im not too fond of the locale recycling? i'd prefer a whole new setting

Jelena 01-06-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 568497)
although im not too fond of the locale recycling? i'd prefer a whole new setting

I don't mind local recycling. I thoroughly enjoyed coming back to Dowerton station in Dark Fall Lost Souls. It of course takes an intriguing and atmospheric enough environment to pull it off. Saxton and its surroundings should work well.

ZeframCochrane 01-06-2011 04:41 AM

It's so nice to see new material on The Last Crown!
I took the tests, and was slightly depressed to see Nanny Noah has better decoding skills then me. :crazy:

Also, I'm starting to understand why Nigel would sometimes put commas in inexplicable places when talking... :P

Fantasysci5 01-06-2011 02:28 PM

Saxton is by far my most beloved adventure game, and really any game, place ever, so as long as he does it justice, I can't wait to return!

Tiocfaidh 01-06-2011 04:02 PM

I also do think Saxton is a place worth revisiting.
Some locales may be shown from different angles to offer something new visually.

cbman 01-07-2011 09:52 AM

This is a tough one. On the one hand I loved the Lost Crown and of course I would love to play a sequel. On the other hand a large part of the appeal was the mysterious atmosphere and the sense of the unknown. The sense of being an outsider in Saxton was a large part of the ambience. Obviously, reusing the location diminishes all of that slightly, even if we are seeing new parts of it. You can't allow Saxton to be cuddly and familiar. It is a problem.

But happilly I think not an insurmountable one as long as Jonathan Boakes brings enough new ideas to the table and doesn't just recycle the format exactly. He has never done that with the Dark fall series so I am optimistic he won't do this with the Last Crown either. Certainly it sounds promising from the gameplay angle. I was quite excited about the (infamous with some) comments he made regarding slightly RPG type elements to the gameplay a while back.

I personally think that doing things slightly differently is a better strategy with this game than doing a Syberia 1 & 2 type story continuation.

Brimstone 01-08-2011 07:32 AM

Actually I have a question. There are supposed to be 3 crowns right, and the first was found in The Lost Crown, and the last is obviously a part of The Last Crown, what happened to the 2nd crown? I'm getting the feeling of skipping to the end of a book here.

cbman 01-08-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brimstone (Post 568688)
Actually I have a question. There are supposed to be 3 crowns right, and the first was found in The Lost Crown, and the last is obviously a part of The Last Crown, what happened to the 2nd crown? I'm getting the feeling of skipping to the end of a book here.

It was mentioned in the first game that one of the crowns was destroyed I believe, leaving two remaining crowns.

What I find strange is why they would be looking for the last crown at all after all the toruble caused by stealing the previous one. I guess it will be a find it to return it type of thing.

Fantasysci5 01-08-2011 01:12 PM

One crown was "lost", which is the one they found in the first game. Another was melted down, and the last was "lost to the sea". I believe that is the one we will be looking for in the 2nd game, although you're right...haven't they learned their lesson yet?! :P

Brimstone 01-09-2011 08:44 AM

Hmmm I'll have to play The Lost Crown again cause I don't remember hearing about the one getting destroyed.