You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games with a thematic focus on Organized Crime

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
SCUMMBAG

Default Adventure games with a thematic focus on Organized Crime

Title's self-explanatory. I'm basically looking for Adventure games with a Crime theme. I'm not particularly interested in those "detective sets out to solve murder case" games, unless these murders are gang-related. I'm basically looking for games with references to the mob or that end up glorifying Organized Crime. I'd prefer it if the titles suggested take place in a contemporary setting.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

When I think at games with "Crime theme" I would say Still Life, Indigo Prophecy or Sinking Island but they are kind of
"detective sets out to solve murder case"...

But I do recommend Broken Sword 1 (I guess you already played the second judging from you're profile picture) and the first Runaway game-A road adventure (this I think you'll like!)
Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

If you don't mind a silly, satirical take Sam & Max: The Mole, The Mob and The Meatball might be up your alley. It's one of Telltale's shortest and easiest ones though.
Also, the prohibition era and related crime is a key element of the first Back to the Future episode, and possibly more of them.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

The Clue?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
The Quiet One

Well, it's not the main focus of the game, but Broken Sword 4 features a mafia group chasing George and Nico.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #6

Looks like someone found a gap in the adventure game market which should be bridged.

Can´t think of one title which fits the request 100% except for Police Quest & Blue Force.
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
SCUMMBAG

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've played the Sam 'n' Max games, aswell as the Broken Sword ones, though I didn't finish the franchise's fourth installment because I couldn't get into it.

Anyway, I'm going to look into Still Life, Sinking Island, Police Quest and Blue Force.
Looks like there's not that many titles along the lines of what I'm looking for. The one that came closer so far was probably Dirty Split, which is freeware. Some parts of Grim Fandango would fit the mold of what I'm looking for.

I'm also going to try and get my hands on Jack Orlando; the game's ambience and soundtrack seems to be great.
More suggestions are always welcome. Even if the game's plot doesn't revolve around Organized Crime, stories taking place in contemporary urban settings interest me aswell, so if any games like that pop to mind, please suggest them in this thread.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #8

I wouldn't mind a game featuring that avenue. Maybe you play a maphia member or something. I'm thinking a sarcastic comedy would suit that quite nicely.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Codger

Black Dahlia
Old 01-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #10
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Runaway feature some enemies of the mob?