You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games to start with.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #1

Default Games to start with.

I have recently found my old Broken Sword games and remembered how much I loved playing through them and I must have completed them to the point of knowing exactly what to do. I also found Discworld 2 on my PS1 so I set it up and I really struggled and found myself needing a walkthrough. Can anyone recommend any simpler games to play that are similar to the Broken Sword games (preferably like 1 & 2, 3 was alright and 4 was complete cack) I have also played the Monkey Island SE on xbox, but I currently lack Microsoft points to buy the 2nd. (Aren't sure if my computer would run it as I have 2.93GHz Intel 4 processor and specs say 3.00GHz.)

Cheers for any help

Edit - Forgot to add I have also recently finished Fahrenheit on PS2 and have Beneath a Steel Sky from the Broken Sword Trilogy Boxset.

Last edited by metalpotter; 01-02-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #2

Broken Sword like and easy ...nothing comes to mind.But Gray Matter is fairly easy.I really liked the game and i enjoyed it's easy puzzles since I'm not that good as a puzzle solver.It also has nice graphics and good story so you'll get into it.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #3

Lost Horizon perhaps?
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #4

machinarium, probably one of my first adventure games, its hard, but not in a cruel or frustrating way, and i managed to get through with minimal hints when i was totally dumb at puzzle solving. so you should be fine.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #5

i think Black Mirror 2 is a good starting point. It's quite in-depth without being too complicated. You don't really need to have played the first one either, as it sums up what happened in that game in a cutscene at the start and then in conversations during the game.