You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #21
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Don't forget indies like:

Blackwell Deception

The Dream Machine

Trauma

The Cat Lady

And many more interesting, unusual (if often shorter) games.

Last edited by Ascovel; 01-01-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Is Secret Files 3 due this year? I know they're working on it but not sure of release date.

I would be happy for anything of the quality of Lost Horizon this year. Fairly easy as it may be (doesn't bother me in AGs), it was one of the most genuinely enjoyable AG experiences I've had for years.
I so agree with you! Everything about that game is great, the story, the characters, the puzzles, the interface, the graphics, the animation(allthough I had to tone them down for my laptop to handle em)

Unforunately Secret Files 3 is a going to be a 2012 release wich brings the number of anticipated games in 2011 for me to 0

Ah well, better next year

Last edited by gray pierce; 01-01-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
2011 looks like a pretty dreadful year adventure game wise, but hey 2010 sucked ass so I don't expect much.

Sadly.
I totally agree with you. I anticipate only Black Mirror III
Old 01-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #24

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright will be one of the launch titles for the 3DS, and I can't wait for that.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #25
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejobloshow View Post
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright will be one of the launch titles for the 3DS, and I can't wait for that.
Nice! Any official word on an English version yet? (I assume you were referring to the Japanese one.) They could have a killer app on their hands there.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #26

I'm also waiting on face noir ,supposedly it's due the first quarter of 2011 but no finalized date.It's a game from a new developer from Italy,Mad Orange.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #27

I thought 2010 was amazing!

I LOVED these games:

Alter Ego
Lost Horizon
15 Days
Nancy Drew Shadow at the Water's Edge
Black Mirror 2
Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis

(I replayed every one of those a ton of times!)

I also think 2011 looks very promising - I already have 4 games on pre-order from Amazon.UK:

Gray Matter
A New Beginning
Bracken Tor
Black Mirror 3

and am extremely hopeful that The Last Crown and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes will make it out in 2011 as well.

(I'd give ANYTHING for a surprise of a Syberia 3, TLJ 3, or Culpa Innata 2 - but don't think those will ever happen, sadly...).

Anyway - I'm happy!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #28
Knights Templar

For me the new Broken Sword game will completely overshadow absolutely everything in 2011.

I'm hoping for some good new releases though, maybe news of Monkey Island 6 (if i'm being optimistic).

I'm hoping for a few more ports of some classic adventures to the ipod/iphone too.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #29

Default 2011

I don't think there will be a Syberia 3. Secret Files 3 could be done in 2011.
There could even be a BS5 in 2011 with 2D graphics similar to BSDC.

I hope Gray matter makes it to the US in 2011. It was the largest DEMO I ever down-loaded. I myself liked it. One major point I want to make about Gray Matter reviews is - not ALL Gabriel Knight reviews were positive. One major site gave GK 3 a D!!

Here is a 5 out of five by a major publisher:

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.co...e/reviews/620/

Now if the game got straight Ds from every publisher I'd be very worried. I suspect that the average for the game will be in the 4s overall.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #30

Wait, there are some games I am anticipating though only mildly

Black Mirror 2 I liked so 3 is definitely on my to buy list
The Blackwell series is a fine series so I'm anticipating The Blackwell Deception as well
Broken Sword I'm cautiously optimistic about. I think the only way it'll work is if Steve Ince's aboard. However since in his christmas greetings he said he's back to work with some old colleages I am thinking that might just be the case. By the way, I didn't know it was going to be a 2011 release.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #31

it seems that he's working with Revolution again but on BS2 remastered edition at least according to his personal site.I don't know if he is also working on the new BS but it'd be nice if he does.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:54 AM   #32
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
I don't think this is true. I mean, you'll already get Edna & Harvey this January. What better way could the year start?
Of course, its quality depends heavily on localisation and voice acting. Edna is ALL about characters and their expressions. If they mess that up, the game won't be worth much. Bet let me say, I'd be happy if I could experience it again without the knowledge I already have of it!
Yeah, what he said!