You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Which adventure game have you replayed the most?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #1

Default Which adventure game have you replayed the most?

Hi Everyone,

I don't post on here very often. I'm a big time lurker.

However, i was wondering what game for everyone is the one adventure game they have replayed the most?

For me, it'd probably be Grim Fandango. I don't know how many times I've finished that. I remember getting it for my birthday the year it came out after playing it on a PC Gamer coverdisc and then begging my parents to buy it for me. I also got a copy of SimCity 3000. Best birthday ever.

Probably followed in close second by one of the Gabriel Knight games. Probably Beast Within.

Please share your stories!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #2

I've played the Broken Sword 1 probably a dozen times on many platforms and I always go back to the first three Monkey Island games. Besides those sets of games I think I've played Kings Quest 6 the most. It's probably has as much to do with the game having so many dead end glitches and multiple endings as it does with the matter that it's such a fun game. Great story.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
UnseenUniversity Graduate

The Monkey Island series. Mostly because they are fun, but partly because I've had them the longest, so there's been more time for replays than more recent games.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #4

I'll join the Monkey Island club. Only the first two though, and I only think I've played them about ten times each. Next up is probably Space Quest 2 or Leisure Suit Larry 1.

When I was younger and my games collection was more limited, I used to replay my favourites often, and those mentioned above were the first games I ever finished. Nowadays I seldom replay games, unless there is additional content like alternate endings, designer commentaries and the like.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
Stalker of Britain

For me, I probably replayed "The Longest Journey" the most, since there are so many small differences in the story that don't matter in the long run, but I like seeing all possible outcomes.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #6

Definitely the first two Broken Sword games, Curse of Monkey Island and Fahrenheit. Oh, and I dare to say, the first Runaway game (Runaway haters, think what you want).

Outside the genre, the games I've replayed the most are Hitman, Max Payne, Commandos and NOLF series, Tomb Raider: The Dagger of Xian, plus the latest three Tomb Raiders from Crystal Dynamics.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 12-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #7

The first two Broken Sword games and the Runaway series....
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #8

Definitely Dreamfall in first place - followed by The Longest Journey, Still Life, Black Mirror 1 & 2, 15 Days, Lost Horizon. However, I do play most of my faves over and over again - I'd say there are about 10 more that I've played several times!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #9

For me, the game I've replayed the most is Gabriel Knight 3. It has so much going on, and it's easy to miss a great deal of the game and still get to the end, that it really demands more than one play through. I just recently played it again and still found things I missed before.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #10

Broken sword 2 , Syberia series and MI 3.
(and yes, you still find new stuff, new dialogue, or see things diferently or even little thing that you didn't notice before , that's another reason why I like replaying adventure games!)
Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I've replayed Grim Fandango the most times, always around November 1-2 to coincide with the actual Day of the Dead. There's almost always some new comment by Manny I've never heard before.

Like many of you, other games I've replayed several times include The Longest Journey, Syberia 1, Broken Sword 1&2, Full Throttle, Obsidian, Myst, Riven and the Monkey Island series (except Tales of MI, which is still fairly fresh in my mind).
Old 12-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #12

I don't like to replay games....but, does Machinarium counts? I've replayed that masterpiece a few times
Old 12-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #13

Gabriel Knight 1. Still play it over and over here and there.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 01-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #14
Banned User

I havent replayed any of the games I've already played seems kind of futile. But maybe Ill try it out if i dont remember the story or something
Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

I've played Under a Killing Moon over and over. It's quirky-ness, comedy and design just keeps me coming back to relive sections. I loved Pandora and Overseer too but it's UAKM that I have replayed the most.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #16

Larry 7 or possibly Sam and Max. These are some of the first adventures I owned.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #17

I like to replay Shadow of the Comet and Conquests of the Longbow from time to time. The first one is my all-time favourite horror game, and I just like to feel the atmosphere again and again. There are also plenty of little details, events, dialogs to uncover.

And CoL is just asking for replay - so many branches and hidden secrets. I still haven't reached the perfect score.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejobloshow View Post
Larry 7 or possibly Sam and Max. These are some of the first adventures I owned.
Larry 7 is another one I played a ton. There is so many easter eggs and additional aspects of the game that you don't hit going through it once.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #19

The Monkey Island series on an almost yearly basis, ever since 1993.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #20

The Myst Series and the Journeyman Project series I've most likely played the most. Although I also play Syberia I and II, Keepsake, The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Underworld alot too.