Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   LEC's Killer E3 Lineup (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2831-lecs-killer-e3-lineup.html)

The Seed 04-07-2004 03:20 AM

LEC's Killer E3 Lineup

As reported by IGN...

LucasArts
Mercenaries (PS2, Xbox)
Star Wars: Republic Commando (PC, Xbox)
Star Wars Battlefront (PC, PS2, Xbox)

Well, it's obvious which booth is going to be creating the buzz this year.
Their previous E3 line-ups have certainly been a piece of work but I think this one really takes the Biscuit, I mean Turky...whatever. Although, it's worth keeping in mind that this list is only the "official" titles and does not include, as IGN puts it "surprises and secrets," so expect another 5 or 6 Star Wars titles to be popping up there. Keep in mind that Episode 3 is only another 12 months away from E3, and to be sure LEC will want to get an early head start on their advertising campaign.

Of course, i'm sure there will more treats than merely Star Wars titles in the works, don't forget that they also have their much celebrated "thick as f*** action game" franchises going for them. With a bit of luck we might even get a glimpse of "Free Agent 2".

Roll on May 12th, me says.

Krazy 04-07-2004 03:21 AM

...And Sam & Max 2 rests in peace :frown:

Marek 04-07-2004 03:53 AM

I'm putting all my money on the Darth Vader game being the Big Reveal. I doubt there's going to be more surprises, but you never know.

Draco2.5 04-07-2004 06:33 AM

Bastards.... :(

RemiO 04-07-2004 06:43 AM

I imagine the much-rumored Xbox version of the Rogue Leader games or whatever will be another shocking unveiling.

WontonGoodsoup 04-07-2004 06:53 AM

Why doesn't LA make some more star wars games. They're slacking big time.

VoodooFX 04-07-2004 07:12 AM

I also believe that Vader game will be LECs big reveal at E3. Plus KOTOR2 will probably be offically announced by the time show kickstarts in May.

Maybe even another game in Jedi Knight series... based on Doom3 engine, being made by Raven?
... but all in all nothing but SW games + Mercenaries *YAWN*

eriq 04-07-2004 07:42 AM

OOOOH! I have a feeling they are going to announce a big shiny new graphic adventure game!

;)

The Seed 04-07-2004 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq
OOOOH! I have a feeling they are going to announce a big shiny new graphic adventure game!

;)

How could you say that with a smile on you'r face, shame on you.

jjacob 04-07-2004 08:10 AM

Right now, I think the only thing I *wouldn't* expect from LEC is a racing game.

Oh no wait they've done that.

amishler 04-07-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq

Maybe they'll announce the preemptive cancellation of Monkey Island 5. I mean, talk about efficiency: think about how much money they'll save by cancelling a game before they even announce it. Yay! Executive bonuses all around!

Having said that, I can't help but be excited to find out more about KotOR 2. It's got two cover stories (CGW and EGM) coming up just in time for E3. If all Star Wars games were as good as KotOR, we probably wouldn't be complaining so much about the number of Star Wars games they release.

On the non-LA, adventurey front, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about Dreamfall from Funcom. It doesn't look like Revolution will have a booth, which is too bad; maybe they'll release some BASS 2 concept art or something to compensate.

The Seed 04-07-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
Right now, I think the only thing I *wouldn't* expect from LEC is a racing game.

Oh no wait they've done that.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/st...cer/splash.htm

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/ra...nge/splash.htm

I'm pretty sure they even released a Star Wars Mario Cart type game called Super Bombad Racing, but there is no evidence of that on their web site, I guess they didn't evaluate the current market place realities and underlying economic considerations that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amishler
It doesn't look like Revolution will have a booth, which is too bad; maybe they'll release some BASS 2 concept art or something to compensate.

Wouldn't they just use the publishers booth? How did they do it with BS3?

WontonGoodsoup 04-07-2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed
I'm pretty sure they even released a Star Wars Mario Cart type game called Super Bombad Racing

I've played it and it sucks more than a hoover.

VoodooFX 04-07-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
I've played it and it sucks more than a hoover.

What masochistic cult made you play this crap? :D

amishler 04-07-2004 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed
Wouldn't they just use the publishers booth? How did they do it with BS3?

I don't remember how Revolution did it for last year's show. Being a relatively small developer, they probably would just use the publisher's booth, but I doubt they're far enough along yet to have a publisher for BASS 2, let alone have much to show at E3. Just wishful thinking on my part. :)

SOG-Karimi 04-07-2004 09:55 AM

Yay ! Great lineup ...

But its missing some starwars titles , they aren't as good as they were before .... pump em out come on !!!! More brainless gameplay for all ! Hoorah !

/sarcasm off

WontonGoodsoup 04-07-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooFX
What masochistic cult made you play this crap?

Rented it out of pure curiosity. I looked like it was supposed to be funny or something.

Jake 04-07-2004 10:20 AM

BS3 was at The Adventure Company's booth last year... erm or was it two years ago? Whenever it was at E3 it was at TAC's booth ¬

tabacco 04-07-2004 10:32 AM

last year :)

The Seed 04-07-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
BS3 was at The Adventure Company's booth last year... erm or was it two years ago? Whenever it was at E3 it was at TAC's booth ¬

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN
The Adventure Company
Atlantis Evolution (PC)
Aura: Fate of the Ages (PC)
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out (PC)
Jules Verne 2 (PC)
Riddle of the Sphinx II: The Temple of Mu (PC)

No mention of BASS2 but you never know. Actually, I've never heard of any of those game, wonder if there's anything worth getting excited about.