You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Warcraft Adventures Alpha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #1

Default Warcraft Adventures Alpha

I wonder why it hasn't been discussed yet. A Russian collector recorded 20 minutes of the gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqJ9W_E3jI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAWpPvaoeE

It's no secret that Warcraft Adventures was almost finished by 1998. It was outsourced to Russia, China and Ukraine. After the production was cancelled, Blizzard let Russian development team to keep several copies to themselves in exchange for their souls. The game is said to be fully playable (apart from cutscenes). Now it got in the hands of this greedy collector. He doesn't want to make it public, but considers a deal with someone who can suggest some sort of rare game to him. Anyone into this quest?
BTW, I'm not this collector nor related to him in any way. Otherwise I would make it public immediately

Last edited by Arial Type; 12-29-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
She Wants Revenge

Oh I'd so love to play that game.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Schattenjäger

how strange.... I never heard such a thing was going to exist... Would definitely have to play it if it was possible

But whoevers holding the rights now should consider releasing it as a digital download through GOG and the like. That would be pretty amazing. Im not even a warcraft fan, but this kindv videogame history fascinates me.

Last edited by zane; 12-30-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #4

Whoa crazy. It looks great too, and has good voice acting, weird...
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #5

This truly looks like a lost classic! Well, of course this is only the beginning of the game, but if the rest is up to this standard you have to wonder why Blizzard dropped it. It certainly doesn't compare unfavorably to Monkey Island 3 (or its introduction).

I don't own anything truly rare, but I never understand the attitudes of collectors that only want to keep such stuff to themselves. Sure, it's an ace you can play in a deal, but after that, why not share? I like to spread the joy, personally!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
It's Hard To Be Humble

Personally, as a former player of WoW, I can see why Blizz may have felt that it wasn't up to snuff. It certainly doesn't live up to the visual or gameplay standards of most of their other products. That said, I wouldn't have minded playing it.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #7

The orc doesn't act that tough nor is that strong. he can't break a lock off the gate? Come on!

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #8

I agree with the visuals somewhat, though it's unusually chock-full with animations even for interactions that aren't relevant. And anyway, they still appeal to me. But yeah, they weren't exactly the latest and greatest back then.
Otherwise, the gameplay seems to be pretty good, even if it falls back on some typical adventure tropes. Yet, many of them might not have seemed as cliched when the game was supposed to be released.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #9

I remember reading about this in PC Gamer about 10 years ago. Seemed like it had potential.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
J.H
Frak.

This game looks to have so much potential. I always thought while playing WoW what a great setting Azeroth would be for an adventure game, I've watched the videos many times in the past, it's sad we won't get to play it.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I'd love to see this come out in some form but Blizzard have become so powerful, I think anyone who even thinks about it putting it out there will be crushed underneath their mighty fist.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 01-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #12

Ironically, Animation Magic (the Russian studio behind Warcraft Adventures) was crushed by Vivendi back in 2001. So they might take revenge after all. Otherwise we'll need help from Assange here.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #13

I just stumbled across these-- man, with the Monkey Island Remakes and the Handheld markets and whatnot-- I wonder if this might actually see the light of day someday. It's pretty unlikely. What Would be cool is if it got a fan-release, (I know Blizzard would be all suing and cancelling) a sort of Thief and the Cobbler Cobbled cut type thing.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #14

I'd love to get my hands on the game, from what I've seen it was pretty much finished too. they said they don't want to sell it but it'd be great if the put it in a collectors edition or something
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus