You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #21
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

If we're counting games that have brief parts taking place in NY, then I think Indiana Jones stops by there to pick up Sophia at the start of Fate of Atlantis.

EDIT: Leisure Suit Larry 5, too.

Last edited by Gonchi; 12-26-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #22

Right -- Indy4, totally forgot about that. Doesn't Larry 5's "NYC" part take place in Atlantic City, NJ, though? Unless there's a part I'm forgetting. Let me know, if possible! Could help the list.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Is it even stated that it's the US? I always assumed that Phoenix Wright was set in some generic place... the characters are always talking about the laws of "this country."

I wish they'd just refer to it as Japan, if that's where it's supposed to take place, since it's obvious from the locations that it's not the US.
I think it's just generic in the Phoenix Wright games, but in the Miles Edgeworth game they definately mention they are in the US.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #24
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Is it even stated that it's the US? I always assumed that Phoenix Wright was set in some generic place... the characters are always talking about the laws of "this country."
I remember Wright talking about his new job as an attorney on Fay and Law in NYC. However, as I mentioned earlier, I could be very wrong.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottford View Post
Films set in New York, books that take place in New York, songs about New York -- I've seen so many lists of homages to the great city, but I have yet to find a list of adventure games set in New York.

So far, here's the list I have:

Gold Rush!
Laura Bow 2
The Blackwell Series
Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit)
Overclocked
Runaway 1 (beginning of the game, I believe)

Not very long. Can anyone add to the list? Thanks!
Holy Shit you just mentioned a game I have not heard in sooooo long
"Laura Bow" OMG!!!. I remember the first game I think.. "Colonels Bequest"
(correct me cause I could be wrong). It was set in a huge Mansion on a plantation somewhere in the south. I enjoyed it lots.. took me ages to finish if I recall. So the second game is set in New York.. cool. I'm gonna look it up now Ha!