You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure games where you cannot die

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #1

Default games where you cannot die

i really like adventure games, they actually make me smarter.
but i don't like being anxious about timed scenes or parts where the character is in danger. i wanna know that i can finish the game calm and safe.

can anybody make me a list of those games? old or new or ancient, i do not care

thanx
Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #2

umm, i may be wrong, but i believe you will find a lot if not most AG's these days dont really have death in it. the list would be too long anyway.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #3

Ditto.

I think if you could die or do something that would mean you can’t complete the game, it would be mentioned in the corresponding review on this site, if there is one. There being a review here is very likely to be the case though.

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-23-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #4

I'm curious to know what adventures you have played so far to presume that most adventures include the possibility of dying.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Off to Room no.99

I felt that way to because my adventure game experience used to be limited to Sierra so I can understand why you feel that way.

You should try the Monkey Island series, I think most Lucasarts games are designed so you don't stuff up. I know you don't die in the first one. Also the runaway series is really fun too.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #6

thank you all for your responses
i don't only mean the death of the character which requires to load a previous savegame, i also mean moments of danger when you have to be quick, like a moment in Broken Sword 2 and 3. like in the end of Monkey Island 2.

i'm thinking of buying Dracula: Origin and Lost Horizon. if anybody knows, can you tell me if there are moments of danger in those?
Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Replicant

Yeah, most adventure games without action sequences are impossible to die in and the unforgiving adventure games of old where you could miss something you need and not go back and get it is largely a thing of the past.

I have Dracula: Origin but haven't played it yet. Lost Horizon is by the same makers as Tunguska in which you can't die so I'd assume it is the same. Waiting for a bigger price drop (under 10GBP which it isn't even with 25% off on Steam right now) before I grab it though.

Just don't play Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, it's a test of anxiety levels with most scenes timed and death to follow if you fail.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaderini View Post
but i don't like being anxious about timed scenes or parts where the character is in danger. i wanna know that i can finish the game calm and safe.
Whatever you do, DO NOT play the Phantasmagoria and Clock Tower games
Old 12-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
lost in rubacava

Loaderini,

I have the reflexes of a snail and I'm not too keen on dying in a game either. Go ahead and get Dracula Origin and Lost Horizon. I think you'll enjoy both of them. They're fun and the graphics are terrific.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #10

thanx guys i already bought Culpa Innata and i'm waiting to see if steam will have an adventure package sale or a sherlock holmes collection sale
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT play the Phantasmagoria and Clock Tower games
Only the last chapter of Phantasmagoria has timed scenes when Don becomes a maniac , the rest of it plays out like a typical adventure game.

Nowadays , too many so-called adventure games are the "click on the hidden objects" kind of game which is boring as hell.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #12

so, what about Alter Ego, then ?
is the player ever in danger? i know that the characters are, because i read the review but is it on a cutscene or does the player have to be quick and save the character?