Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Ag of the year(pc)2010 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28172-ag-year-pc-2010-a.html)

Gabe 12-10-2010 02:21 AM

Ag of the year(pc)2010

Here is the list of this year decent and good (pc)ag,but which one is the best waiting for community to decide;)

pizzo 12-10-2010 02:28 AM

My vote is for Black Mirror II. The second in my list woud be Lost Horizon.

UPtimist 12-10-2010 03:12 AM

I wish I could say, but so far I've only played The Whispered World, and even with that, only the beginning...

And with Sam & Max I'm in Season 2.

And, I have to admit, there's a couple in there I've not even heard of :P

So, I suppose I shouldn't go voting...

Arial Type 12-10-2010 04:05 AM

I wonder if Gray Matter is considered as a "bad ag" by the author.

Gabe 12-10-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arial Type (Post 565845)
I wonder if Gray Matter is considered as a "bad ag" by the author.

Gray Matter considered as 2011 release.

Fien 12-10-2010 04:33 AM

Drawn is not an AG. Drawn is a casual.

DustyShinigami 12-10-2010 05:44 AM

Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition and Broken Sword - Director's Cut are missing.

Dwagginz 12-10-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 565860)
Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition and Broken Sword - Director's Cut are missing.

Isn't AlternativA also a 2010 release?

Lucien21 12-10-2010 06:27 AM

wow that highlights exactly why this year sucked.

BTW Heavy Rain is by far and away the best AG of 2010.

Gabe 12-10-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 565860)

Well coz simply considering a redux as agoty unfair to new releases.They more likely to given on a list all times best honorary.

DustyShinigami 12-10-2010 06:49 AM

I still think they qualify, though. And Heavy Rain.

Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition is the best adventure game I've played this year, followed very closely by Amnesia: The Dark Decent.

Unfortunately I haven't played Heavy Rain (no PS3) so I can't comment, nor have I finished Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse.

kate me 12-10-2010 06:58 AM

I vote for Lost Horizon. I like this game!

Luther10 12-10-2010 07:07 AM

Voted for Lost Horizon, a better game overall than Gray Matter. Anyway, my favorite of the year is Heavy Rain...

cbman 12-10-2010 10:09 AM

Your poll is missing an 'Other' option!

gray pierce 12-10-2010 10:13 AM

This is a great idea!
In my opinion Lost Horizon is easily the best AG of the year. Alter Ego and Black Mirror II, both decent adventures pale in comparison. Then again I haven't played The Whispered World yet so I might change my mind(though not likely)

zane 12-10-2010 10:26 AM

games i want to vote for: heavy rain, last window, darkstar, gray matter, 999, kaptain brawe

UPtimist 12-10-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 565871)
I still think they qualify, though. And Heavy Rain.

Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition is the best adventure game I've played this year, followed very closely by Amnesia: The Dark Decent.

I have to agree with Gabe that remakes aren't really new AGs. They're, well, remakes. It's an old adventure game with new graphics, and I don't think that updating graphics makes a game new.

Of course, this is, eh... Semantics? In any case, not that important. This is what this is.

dekaneas297 12-10-2010 11:11 AM

Lost Horizon and Black Mirror II are the best for me. Tough choice to pick one.

diego 12-10-2010 11:20 AM

The Whispered World, because:

- comeback of a glorious 2D hand-painted backdrops, in a semi-artistic style yet still zany like The Curse of Monkey Island

- not jumping on the bandwagon of babynursing the player - puzzles are done in a thoughtful manner, keeping the difficulty enough not to become "errand quest" and still not being impossible to solve. Puzzles also kept the sparkle of "golden age" "insane" logic like those seen in Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island, and many people wrongly interpreted that as "illogical" puzzles while it was only being faithful to roots. Also, the game felt original and fresh nevertheless of many obvious LucasArts and Sierra influences.

- duo of protagonists - personally, i haven't played lately game that has "that something" when it comes to identyfining and caring for characters, something we can say when speaking of Gabriel Knight, Guybrush Threepwood, April Ryan... You may like or hate Sadwick's voice but it's by no means "from the mill" character. Also, it wasn't since Torin's Passage and Torin and Boogle, or Toonstruck and Drew and Flux that we've seen such an interesting pair of characters that solve puzzles together.

Black Mirror 2 is another good game this year, on a totally different ground of mystery and thriller, reminding me of Dark Seed or Gabriel Knight, although it can become tedious and incosistent as the story develops but i think this German team will make even better games since Black Mirror 2 improved some aspects of Mata Hari.

All in all, 2010. gave us less quantity than 2009. but it wasn't without the quality. I hope that we can somehow see German and other non-English releases sooner, since for example both The Whispered World and Black Mirror 2 were published in 2009. in Germany and also, two of mine most expected games in 2011 - Book of Unwritten Tales and Edna & Harvey were already published. Also, it will be remembered as a year where casual games and adventure games strongly intercrossed their ways making the influence on the genre, in that manner that we can ask ourselves - are adventure games becoming casual, or casual games are becoming adventures?

Arial Type 12-10-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 565852)
Gray Matter considered as 2011 release.

But there is an official English version included in the German version. You can buy and play it. It is a 2010 release.

And yes, my vote goes to Heavy Rain. I thought it came out in 2009 - it was so long ago)