You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure trying to remember a game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Schattenjäger

Default trying to remember a game

this could be a tough one to figure out. Im trying to remember a game I played once 15-20 years ago. It was first person, and had simple cartoonish art where you clicked on things to interact with them. I remember a rabbit, i think guarding some kindv book or cave, and the rabbit kills you if youre not careful. And you go inside the book or something..and it leads to some kindv castle. Also i remember a way to die inside the castle by somehow being sucked into outerspace. I think i was playing this game on a mac... but it was so long ago i cant remember much else. Curious to see if anyone knows what im talking about, iv had this memory for a long time and no clue what it is.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Off to Room no.99

No idea man the only games I remember on mac are the ones we got given to play in primary school, Zoopak, Nature park Adventure and Transylvania. All top games and would play them at the drop of a hat if I could. Good old "Dairy Milk Chocolate" Those were the days
Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Pixiehunter

It does sound a bit like Monty Python's Holy Grail, what with the killer rabbit and the castle, and I do seem to remember there being a game made of it, but I haven't ever played it, so I have no idea whether it would fit the rest of your description.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Passer-by

Sounds like The Manhole, maybe Masterpiece Edition.
Click on the links to see the screenshots.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Schattenjäger

Hmmmm yeah, particularly the turbografx version of manhole definitely has the look and interface that im thinking of. Also very surreal, so this might be it... but im not seeing any scenes that click perfectly, and can you die in this game? One thing i remember is having to start over or reload often because i kept dieing in various ways. Is it possible there were other games that used the manholes engine?? But definitely looks like it, this could be it.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Hmmmm yeah, particularly the turbografx version of manhole definitely has the look and interface that im thinking of.
Yes, and you said:

Quote:
I think i was playing this game on a mac
and they haven't got Mac screenshots at Moby. Perhaps those would look even more familiar to you. I suggest you start playing Manhole and find whether that's it or not yourself.
Quote:
Also very surreal, so this might be it... but im not seeing any scenes that click perfectly, and can you die in this game? ... it was so long ago.
Ah, the games our brain plays with us... Human memory is a very treacherous thing.