You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Back to the future trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #1

Default Back to the future trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCWhxpR3nk

TellTale have done it yet again!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #2

Besides the lackluster animation and facial technology, I think it looks great!

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 12-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Awesome trailer btw, I've watched it about 15 times now.
I'm so psyched.

Hearing Christopher Lloyd gives me goosebumps.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Besides the lackluster animation and facial technology, I think it looks great
A TellTale member already said the trailer is not representative for the lip-synchronization in-game.
Within the trailer the lines were added later on as audio. This is different from within the game ofcourse.

Personally I was blown away by this trailer. I have watched it over 20 times now. And owh man...the art direction is genious PURE genious! I especially love Marty's design. The design really makes him 'endearing'. I just really want to help that kid out. =(

Voice acting top notch. George McFly looks sounds and feels like George McFly although he doesn't exactly look like George McFly.

The level of detail is amazing. Can't wait to check out Hill Valley.

It's also amazing to see the almost unanimous positive reaction to this. I have seen posts on Gametrailers, kotaku and other sites and everybody is just convinced that this will feel like BttF.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:28 AM   #5

Nice to see that Christopher Lloyd is aboard the ship. Then the job is already half done.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
A TellTale member already said the trailer is not representative for the lip-synchronization in-game.
Within the trailer the lines were added later on as audio. This is different from within the game ofcourse.
I had a feeling that'd be the case; they tend to do that in movie trailers too. I'm glad too, because the lip-syncing was the only thing I didn't like.

Quote:
George McFly looks sounds and feels like George McFly although he doesn't exactly look like George McFly.
Wait. What? That was George McFly? As you say, it doesn't look like him.

Overall though, the trailer was very good and it certainly captured that Back to the Future 'feel'. The way it starts with the music, the day and date and how it ends - fantastic!

I'm really curious how the DeLorean is going to come back.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #7

No you misunderstood me.
I think he looks like George McFly but he also doesn't look like him. Lol...

In the pure physical sense he might not look like him. But his presence, appearance just screamed George McFly to me.
The moment he appeared on screen and heard him I knew who he was. So TellTale really did a good job imho. It's probably because they were still able to take some of the stronger features. The chin, hair and clothing.

Owh also: The trailer has been updated. The lip-synch is improved.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #8

Oh! Memories... what an amazing trailer!! Saw it a lot of times and I really like the facial animation at this point.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Looks pretty good.

I'll have seen the films by then (Watching #2 as I type this) so I'll be able to be excited!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #10
Baddest Badguy Ever

I like the look and feel of this. I have already pre-ordered this and am excited to play the full game.

I was extremely happy to hear Christopher Lloyd was involved and thought he would really make the game for me. The person they have to voice Marty is very good as well.

Here is what worries me though... the younger version of Doc Brown is voiced by a different actor. It looks to me like Christopher Lloyd only voices 'current' Doc Brown and and Doc Brown in the past is voiced by someone else. Although I can understand how this might have been a sound financial decision for Telltale, I am disappointed that it appears there is a bait and switch going on.

Check it out for yourself at the official site.
http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

Go to Characters and the select the Doc Emmett Brown picture, and then click on 'Voice'. Doc Emmett Brown is Mr. Llyod. Then click on the Character picture for Emmett Brown and goto Voice. It is a different guy altogether (James Arnold Taylor)!!

His voice acting is ok but it is not the same as Christopher Lloyd! I hope there is a story reason for this (other than just that he is younger), but it looks to me like Telltale cut some costs on voice acting since I think a lot of the game will take place in the past.

I was looking so forward to this and this discovery really took the wind out of my sails. I bought it and I will play it, but I am already eeling duped.

Cheers,
Stain

Last edited by Stain; 12-10-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: grammar police!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #11

^
Are you serious?!
JAT is not just another guy. He's a legend.
And his performance of a young Doc is phenomenal.

This coming from a diehard BttF fans who has a pair of Nike Mag's and the future cap =D

Quote:
but it looks to me like Telltale cut some costs on voice acting since I think a lot of the game will take place in the past.
I don't think this is necessarily true. If they wanted to have Doc speak in more lines they could've easily have Mr. Lloyd do it.

AJ Locascio said it cost it 1 or 2 days to record all the lines for episode one and consider he's the main character with the most dialog.
If TellTale wanted to have Lloyd speak in more lines in all 5 eps they'd probably only have to charge him for 2 days extra. They could record a ton of stuff in just two days.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I hope there is a story reason for this (other than just that he is younger), but it looks to me like Telltale cut some costs on voice acting since I think a lot of the game will take place in the past.
You want a 70+ year old man to do the voice of a 20ish year old? Really?

No offense to Christopher Lloyd. I just think Telltale pays enough attention to detail to have good reasons for their casting decisions.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
Lost.

I'm going to play this just to hear Christopher Lloyd in an adventure game again.

Nostalgia, here I come!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Baddest Badguy Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
You want a 70+ year old man to do the voice of a 20ish year old? Really?

No offense to Christopher Lloyd. I just think Telltale pays enough attention to detail to have good reasons for their casting decisions.
For the record, let me say I own every single Telltale adventure game series except Bone.
I enjoy their games and pre-purchased BttF based on that reputation.

I am willing to see what happens, but in the movies the same people play all variations of themselves regardless of the age or sex, thats all. Michael J Fox is not really a young girl, but he played one in the movie - including the voice. I understand that Mr. Lloyd is a senior citizen, but he is also a professional actor with a loooong history and vast experience.

The flip side of your comment, Fov, is that Telltale did not trust the legend Christoper Lloyd to change his voice a bit and try to sound younger? I am not trying to troll, and I am not as mad about it as my original post may have come across. Still, I would rather hear Chris do all of the Doc voices and I was disappointed. If I can read anything into your post, perhaps it was that his voice acting was uninspired so they went to plan B. I hope he did not phone it in. The sound clips on the website sound good.

I do not know James Taylor's resume or his previous involvement with BttF. I can only assume it is from the cartoon. I never really watched that.

By the way, I think Chris Lloyd was the best Klingon ever as well in Start Trek 3. He was bad a$$. I guess I am just a fan of his. Go Toonstruck!

Stain

Last edited by Stain; 12-10-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
Baddest Badguy Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
^
AJ Locascio said it cost it 1 or 2 days to record all the lines for episode one and consider he's the main character with the most dialog.
If TellTale wanted to have Lloyd speak in more lines in all 5 eps they'd probably only have to charge him for 2 days extra. They could record a ton of stuff in just two days.
True, but Chris Lloyd is a big star. He probably charges more for a half day than all of the other complete voices combined for all of their recording sessions. AJ Locascio cannot make those same demands.

I feel bad about this, I was not trolling. I was not sure if people were aware that Christopher Lloyd was not voicing all of Doc's lines. I was caught of guard and I am looking sooooo forward to the game.

Stain

Last edited by Stain; 12-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #16
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stain View Post
The flip side of your comment, Fov, is that Telltale did not trust the legend Christoper Lloyd to change his voice a bit and try to sound younger? I am not trying to troll, and I am not as mad about it as my original post may have come across. Still, I would rather hear Chris do all of the Doc voices and I was disappointed. If I can read anything into your post, perhaps it was that his voice acting was uninspired so they went to plan B. I hope he did not phone it in. The sound clips on the website sound good.
For all we know, Mr Lloyd may have said he'd rather just do Old Doc. I don't think it's right for us to make assumptions about what's happening.

If Telltale see fit to answer that question, I'm sure they will.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stain View Post
I feel bad about this, I was not trolling. I was not sure if people were aware that Christopher Lloyd was not voicing all of Doc's lines. I was caught of guard and I am looking sooooo forward to the game.
No worries, sorry if my post came across like I thought you were trolling. I used to be Telltale's community manager and I guess I still get kind of testy when I see people getting all anxious and worked up about stuff like this leading up to a game launch, because 99% of the time the speculation turns out to be nothing to worry about. To those people I always wanted to say: Relax! It's gonna be okay!

I don't work there anymore, so I don't know the details behind this casting decision. But I do know the team well enough to know that they're very interested in making an authentic Back to the Future game, and that they're super excited to be working with Christopher Lloyd.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #18

I too think it has nothing to do with budget reasons, and while young Doc will feature in first episode it's still the "normal" Doc which is the main character along with Marty.

But as for Tom Wilson it's quite unsatisfying to hear that Telltale wanted to contact him, and on the other side to hear directly from Wilson that he wasn't approached. We can only guess if Wilson was willing to do it at all since he distanced himself from the franchise, but if only because of communication breakdown he is not involved that's disappointing.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #19

^
Diego who are you on the forums. You sound like a regular.
It's quite obvious who I am.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #20

Edward VanHelgen

Yeah i've seen you there