You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games that you have

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #21

Here is my collection:

P.S. I forgot to include Ghost in the Sheet in the pic.

As you can see there's also the beautiful adventure hat as well

Last edited by Foinikas; 11-11-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #22
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post

Show me yours and I'll show you mine?

I thought this was about giving Foinikas advice what adventure game to play from his collection, not just another "Who's got a bigger penis?" topic you can see at almost every forum. I want to believe people who frequent Adventure Gamers are immune to childish bragging.

BTW, I have a larger collection than any of you! Nyah-nyah!
Foinikas also asked us point blank what adventure games we have. Did the title of the thread escape you?

Bragging was not my intention at all. I just thought it'd be fun to show some visuals for a trip down memory lane, and likewise, I'd love to see other people's collections too. IMO, it's more fun when you can see the box art and the worn edges of many beloved old games. Sheesh.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #23
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I currently own 269 retail games + 20 download ones. All of them adventures. http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc00527ad.jpg/
Wow! That looks like quite a collection. Super impressed.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #24

would be even more impressive if we could actually see something...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
Foinikas also asked us point blank what adventure games we have. Did the title of the thread escape you?

Bragging was not my intention at all. I just thought it'd be fun to show some visuals for a trip down memory lane, and likewise, I'd love to see other people's collections too. IMO, it's more fun when you can see the box art and the worn edges of many beloved old games. Sheesh.
I agree and I liked your post and photos very much!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #26
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataku View Post
would be even more impressive if we could actually see something...
You can see I am the proud owner of many adventures. Forgive me if I don't feel like posting pics of my 269 games.

Not good enough for you? Hardcore fans should be able to recognize the top row. From left to right: Gabriel Knight 1 in the now rare trapezoid box - The Neverhood - Hamlet: A Murder Mystery - Blue Heat: The Case of the Cover Girl Murders - Day of the Tentacle in the now rare triangular box - 3 Skulls of the Toltecs - The Vampire Diaries - Orionburger.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Hardcore fans should be able to recognize the top row.
ok, i managed to recognize some more:

The Last Express (didn't need to look for this one ), Loom, Reah, Nightlong, Backpacker, Congo, Ripper, Guilty not sure but i think Rama and Pink Panther too?

I'm now especially interested to know what's that game second right of Nightlong and right of The Last Express?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #28
Senior *female* member

Very good, diego! I do not have Pink Panther, but the rest is correct.

The order is alphabetical. Well, more or less. For instance, Loom is not where it should be. I have two copies of The Last Express. The left one is the beautiful original Broderbund edition, the other one the rerelease. Next is The Little Prince (St. Exupery's story turned into a game). To the right of Nightlong is Noctropolis and then we have Noir: A Shadowy Thriller.

PS: Hey, only one copy of The Last Express in the pic. I must have been replaying it when the photograph was taken.

PPS: Where did you see the Pink Panther?

Last edited by Fien; 11-11-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #29
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinikas View Post
Here is my collection:

P.S. I forgot to include Ghost in the Sheet in the pic.

As you can see there's also the beautiful adventure hat as well
That's a beautiful Tunguska cover, way better than the German release.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #30

Hehe great. I thought the Pink Panther is that game just left of the Nightlong, with a little pink square at the bottom.

And 3 Skulls of the Toltecs is quite a rare gem with nice and whacky cover art, as well as Orion Burger.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Hehe great. I thought the Pink Panther is that game just left of the Nightlong, with a little pink square at the bottom.
Well I'll be damned! THAT one is the original Broderbund Last Express. Sorry about that. The pic was taken some time ago.

Quote:
And 3 Skulls of the Toltecs is quite a rare gem with nice and whacky cover art, as well as Orion Burger.
Yes, I put the boxes I like best on top of the bookcases. Right now GAG is up there, with Night Cafe, Gadget (the original), TLE, DoTT, GK1, Noir and Journeyman 3.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Forgive me if I don't feel like posting pics of my 269 games.
how about just posting the same pic in a normal resolution?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #33
The 'Mighty Dragon'

I'd take a picture but my collection is quite... Pitiful, to say the least, plus a number of them are digital :p
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #34

Pink Panther games are great! Especially the dutch version. One of them has Carlo Boszhard as the voice of Pink. =)
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #35
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataku View Post
how about just posting the same pic in a normal resolution?
Okay.

http://yfrog.com/g4dsc00527aj
clickable to full size

Top shelves, left to right:
Ace Ventura - Amber - Backpacker - Bad Day on the Midway - Big Red Adventure - Black Dahlia - Blackstone Chronicles - Beneath a Steel Sky - Broken Sword 1 - Bureau 13 - Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon - Ceremony of Innocence - Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure - Chewy: Escape from F5 - Clandestiny - Comer - Congo: Descent into Zinj - Conspiracy/KGB - Daedalus Encounter - The Dame Was Loaded - The Dark Eye - Discworld 2 - Discworld 1 - Duckman - Down Under Dan - Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong Nou - Eve (Peter Gabriel) - Fascination - Feeble Files - Freddy Pharkas - Gadget (original) - Gadget (edited rerelease) - GAG - Gene Machine - Ghosts

Shelves second from top:
Gothos - Grim Fandango - Guilty - Heart of China - Hopkins FBI - Indiana Jones double pack - I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - Koala Lumpur: Journey to the Edge - Journeyman Project 3: The Legacy - Karma (non-adventure) - Kyrandia Collection - Blade Runner - Liath - Last Express (rerelease) - Little Prince - Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Rose Tattoo - Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel - Lure of the Temptress - Milo - Mirage - Mission Critical - Mode - Monkey Island double pack - Monet: The Mystery of the Orangery - Night Cafe - The Last Express (original) - Nightlong - Noctropolis - Noir: A Shadowy Thriller - Normality - Obsidian - Pagemaster - Pandora’s Box (non-adventure) - Paparazzi - Philip Marlowe: Private Eye

Next shelf:
Pilgrim - Psychic Detective - Quest for Glory Anthology - The Quivering - Rama - Reah - Rent A Hero - Riddle of Master Lu - Ripper - Riven - Roberta Williams Anthology - Safecracker 1 - SFPD Homicide: The Body in the Bay - Shannara - The Space Bar - Stupid Invaders

And the shelf below that:
Synnergist - Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon - Tex Murphy: Overseer - Temujin - The Time Trap - Toonstruck - Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer - UFOs - The Unexplained (non-adventure) - Voyeur 1 - Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth - Loom - Zeddas: Servant of Sheol - Myst 10th Anniversary Collection - In the 1st Degree - Byzantine Betrayal

Text adventures, bottom right:
Wonderland - Wishbringer - The Lost Files of Infocom 1 + 2 - Trinity

And of course all the small boxes, DVD-cases, jewel-cases, books, guides, manuals.

Last edited by Fien; 11-12-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:11 AM   #36
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
Pink Panther games are great! Especially the dutch version. One of them has Carlo Boszhard as the voice of Pink. =)
Carlo Boszhard.

Sorry. They may be a good games, although I haven't heard of them. But I'm not going to play them.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
That's a beautiful Tunguska cover, way better than the German release.
Really?How does the German one look like?Tunguska is a German game by the way,right?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #38
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinikas View Post
Really?How does the German one look like?Tunguska is a German game by the way,right?
It's German, yeah:
Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #39

When I get home tonight, or maybe tomorrow, I'll take a pic of my antique normal size cardboard box classic game collection and have some of you new adventure gamers drooling all over... HEHEHE I used to have all of them up in my closet, but recently I got many of them out onto shelves in the room.

and WOW Fien, awesome collection and a lot bigger than mine, I am jealous... I'm seeing Obsidian and Neverhood in there, how I wish I have these two games in big boxes...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis

Last edited by Luther10; 11-12-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #40

About the Pink Panther games, I've got Passport to Peril. I don't even remember how I acquired that one. I think it just magically appeared. It's pretty fun for an edutainment/adventure game. I was actually thinking of replaying that one recently.

Hmm I think it would be easier to ask me what games I don't have. I have a lot, and yes most of them are physical copies. I still have a good amount of floppy disks. As I write this I'm thinking of the Secret of Monkey Island floppies that are sitting in my drawer. I still have an old computer for playing those games too. I don't have most of the boxes to the old games anymore though. So I just have a lot of jewel cases.