You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dream Chronicles on the 360

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

Default Dream Chronicles on the 360

Has anyone played the Dream Chronicles on the 360?

I picked up the demo and discovered that it is completely in 3d. This freaked me out when the tutorial told me to press the Right Trigger to step into the room. lol

This is no tex murphy, but I like where it is going. The real casual adventures should do this.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #2

Personally I do not care for hidden object/"casual" adventure games but I was impressed by the attempts to make this more interactive. Kind of came from out of nowhere though...I don't believe any announcement preceded the games release.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #3

Exactly. I was expecting just an HD version of the PC copy, but it was a left field attack. haha

I find it nice to see indie/casual devs put a bit more effort into their work.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
merely human

Curiously I downloaded and played the demo just now. It's not true real time 3D. By stepping into the room I thought you meant you virtually step into it and walk around through the virtual space. You cannot. Instead you can only pan around. It's closer to a node based system, but allows even less panning around to look.

Regardless, it's a very pretty looking game. The puzzles in the demo are definitely not at all deep and challenging and are best suited for just playing for about an hour, pretty much how casual adventures are. Young kids should play this to hone their problem solving skills.

I'm glad indie devs are taking advantage of XBLA and I'm happy that Microsoft is so open and encouraging of this market.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Curiously I downloaded and played the demo just now. It's not true real time 3D. By stepping into the room I thought you meant you virtually step into it and walk around through the virtual space. You cannot. Instead you can only pan around. It's closer to a node based system, but allows even less panning around to look.

Regardless, it's a very pretty looking game. The puzzles in the demo are definitely not at all deep and challenging and are best suited for just playing for about an hour, pretty much how casual adventures are. Young kids should play this to hone their problem solving skills.

I'm glad indie devs are taking advantage of XBLA and I'm happy that Microsoft is so open and encouraging of this market.
I guess a virtual shadow box would be a better way of describing it.