You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Layton / Phoenix Wright crossover coming to 3DS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Default Layton / Phoenix Wright crossover coming to 3DS

Now this is promising. Apparently the two top adventure franchises on DS are doing a crossover on 3DS. And the placeholder official site is due to open properly tomorrow. I was going to get a 3DS anyway, but this'll make me get it all the sooner.
Teaser at Youtube
Screenshots

(via SunnyGuy at the Telltale forum)
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B View Post
I was going to get a 3DS anyway, but this'll make me get it all the sooner.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Very interesting.

From the bizarreness of the story I'm guessing this won't be considered canon for either franchise, but it'll still be great to see these characters share the same screen. The question that intrigues me most - given that Layton has been out-talking Phoenix for years now, are we finally about to see Phoenix (and Maya) fully voice acted, we've already seen them fully animated in the trailer for the first time ever which alone is enough to send a tingle down the spine.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Just found out Kotaku mentions a few details about the story. It seems almost par for the course for Layton, though not so much for Phoenix.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
M-E

Well, the story is written by Takumi Shuu, the creator of Phoenix, so I think it will involve enought Phoenixy elements.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #6

I saw this on Kotaku but didn't think to look for the trailer until now. Just... wow! Looks so good! Loving all the lengthy animation scenes these games are starting to get now (just finished Unwound Future and was very impressed by how long the ending was).

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #7

Wow, sounds like a hoax, but looks real!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

The official site is up now, and a subbed version of the trailer (actually twice as long as the capture posted above) has made its way to youtube, confirming that Phoenix will be voiced and Layton will be the prosecutor.
Also of interest, the site has trailers for what I assume is Layton and the Spectre's Flute and what looks like a 3DS remake of the first Phoenix Wright.

Last edited by Harald B; 10-20-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: subbed version now available
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

OMG! Thanks for this news, it just made my day!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #10

I'm getting a 3DS period. The adventure game genre platform I perfer does change. Lately, I've bought many adventure games for my Nintendo DS - they have all been excellent. Japanese adventure games for the DS like Hotel Dusk and Again are as good as anything ever put out. The PC for gaming as a whole is way down from its glory years. I've been averaging only 2 PC adventure games a year for about 5 years now. The publisher of these changes - from Dreamcatcher to City Interactive to Mumbo Jumbo now.

I may freeze my DS and buy nothing but 3DS games in the future. I want prices first.