You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #1

Default Bilderberg

You know what's surprising? I haven't heard of a game with a theme the Bilderberg group. Wouldn't it be exciting? But I don't mean to just hastely mention it. But to actually investigate it and eventually get in!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
aye, aye!

I hastily googled it... Seems pretty interesting!
Though I guess it's easier to think up a random templar cult without getting sued than to have a Bilderberg theme since they seem to be quite powerful? XD

I've never heard of that group though
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 10-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #3

I don't really know if the idea of posh people making backroom deals is all that interesting - don't we pretty much take that for granted?

I am familiar with the sinister conspiracy theories, but short of going all Robert Anton Wilson or Umberto Eco about it and stacking every single one of the most outrageous claims on top of eachother and claiming them true (hell, throw some of Davic Icke's reptilians in there too), it doesn't strike me as a very interesting choice. A totally-out-there Zak McKracken style game based on real-world conspiracies could be a lot of fun though.

Even for the basic Dan Brown approach of name-dropping real world people and organizations into some tangled thriller web, Bilderberg seems quite dull - no matter its scope, it's mainly politics, money and grumpy people behind oversize desks.

Personally I'd go for the Bohemian Grove folks instead - though I'm sure there's a huge overlap with Bilderberg. Or maybe Skull & Bones. Not that I think they're anywhere near as sinister as Alex Jones likes to think, but at least those groups instantly evoke settings, visuals and esoteric historical connections that I'd love to explore in an adventure game form. But please do prove me wrong

Edit: That being said, after watching one of Glenn Beck's paranoid rants the other day, I actually went on Wikipedia to research the Fabian Society for possible game plot material
Old 10-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #4

Oh, Skull & Bones :D Go there and you got all the Bush family against you.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #5

Here you are. It's got all the conspiracies a reasonably paranoid person could think of, short of going completely off your rocker & in bed with David Icky and his slimy things.