You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can somebody help me find this Dinosaur game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

Default Can somebody help me find this Dinosaur game.

Hello everyone,
I have played an old dinosaur game in my childhood. but the problem is I have forgot what the title of the game. The game is almost like dinosaur safari but it not dinosaur safari.
I will briefly explain how the game look like

The game is point and click style. like mothergoose game. You as a photographer are been assign to catch dinosaur pic at dinosaur park(only their fossil though). You will explore the dinosaur park to find fossil and take picture of it. The fossil can be exchange at a shop with an useful item.
While he exploring the dinosaur park. He found a cave where they a dead scientist in there.

The scientist trapped in the cave and died in there. And then the photographer discover a time machine. He used to go to the dinosaur era. but after he succesful gone to the dinosaur era. His time machine piece have lost because been taken by a petronodon. The time machine piece have been scattered all over the place

Your job is to retrieve the time machine pieces(so you can go back to the present) and take the dinosaur picture.

The game have humorous element and sometime scary. You can died if you click the wrong thing. The funniest part is he kept his Item in his hat. It really funny to see when he dumped something in his hat example are long bone and giant meat.

scariest part is when you been chased by a T-Rex. It scare me like hell

That all.
I hope you guys know this game name cause I can't search in everywhere.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #2

Default Looking for the same or similar game.

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I believe that I am searching for this game as well, although I remember it differently.

It either starts or ends in some sort of archive or museum, where you are tasked with retrieving a specific dinosaur egg from before the asteroid killed the dinosaurs. As you go back in time, your time machine malfunctions and you land in the Triassic period. I believe this is where you find the cave with the dead scientist - there was also a Herrerasaurus in this level, and by clicking on it you would receive information on the dinosaur. After you find the first missing piece, you go forward to the Jurassic, where I believe there is another scientist in a time machine - during this level there is a screen where some dinosaurs eat (rather graphically, for a child) another dinosaur that you had seen them fighting. The final level is the Cretaceous, where you must retrieve the egg from a mother Tyrannosaurus, which chases you. You escape to the time machine just as the meteors begin to fall.

Hopefully I've been specific enough with this description. I believe the game was from the '90s, although it may have been from the very early '00s. As for the graphic style, it probably wasn't that great, but I remember it being somewhat similar to a graphic novel.

Considering how the archive/museum had other "artifacts" on display, it is possible that this may be one game in a series. As for the archive, it always disturbed me, and as a child I was under the impression that it was on a spaceship. Maybe it was?

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #3

This?