You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Trying again with adventure games. I kindly ask for advice :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #21
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Actually, if you really want to get a good start on adventures I'd suggest something simpler at first like Discworld 1 & 2.
First time I have heard someone call Discworld 1 and 2 simple. I loved Discworld 1, fabulous writing, great humor. But it's one of the few games where I had a printed walkthrough for the fiendish puzzles within arm's reach.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #22

Yeah, I thought Discworld 1 was considered to be one of the most difficult adventures ever made, and not entirely in a fun or fair way.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #23

What?? I love the Discworld series and Rincewind will give hints in conversations if you click the thought icon. I thought it was one of the simplest games I've played and believe you me i've played alot of games.

"Bring back the Sacred Diamond of the Old Sage of the Mountain and he will give you the magic talisman. Oh man. What am I in a video game?" - Tyler Miles
Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #24

thanks, and dont worry i have the whole scummv thing down, (my first attempts played BS1 with it ) Also discworld 1+2 and noir are on my list, but as i said i will try and stick with the really easy games first (loom, full throttle and also emerald city)

i got hector badge of carnage on ipod to play while i was at my sisters. really enjoyed the first hour. i dont want to jump the gun, but i think i am learning to think like a proper adventure gamer. stupid things that got me stuck and so mad the first time around really aren't gettign in my way this time.

im sure i WILL get stuck, but i think the inexperience of inventory puzzles like in my first attempts will hopfully not be the reason this time.

edit:
also just bought the longest journey on sale on gog.com. $5....crazy!!! got that and GK1 for $11 (would have got syberia too but i think i need to wait a bit longer before i try that game again, something abotu it didn;t hit right, but down the line it will definitely get a second chance)