You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Syberia 2 Pros & Cons

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 AM   #1

Default Syberia 2 Pros & Cons

Many things have been said about this sequel. The opinions are just the two opposites. Real black and white. I've not bought the game, so I can't judge about the pros or cons, but I am going to buy it soon, 'cause I liked Syberia 1.

It's very easy to say whether you like it or not, but what really interests me is the fact what you like or dislike about the game. And in latter case what suggestions you have for the developers to improve the (possible) next game. Only with good comments Microids can improve their games.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
Cannabis Connoisseur

Well first off, make the games longer I finished Syberia II within 2 days. Awesome puzzles though, got me scratchin my head a few times.
Artwork was fantastic, so nothing to change there. Pixel hunting should be just a tad bit easier; I spent most of my time pulling out my hair from missing some small spot on the screen.
The ending kinda left me hanging just a bit. I knew it was comming, and I was pretty pleased with it for the most part, however there were alot of things that were unexplained. For those who finished the game, you know what im talking about. (I'm not spoiling the story for anyone).
My suggestion to Microids is if they are to make an adventure game, spend alot of time on it, make it long and memorable. Just like the longest journey. TLJ is like Syberia I and II thrown into one complete game. Other than that, keep up the good work.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Munior Jember

I have been playing Syberia 2 for a few days now. It's just as good looking and sounding as the first one if not better. Some of the audio conversation was out of context and/or didn't make sense to the mission sometimes. If you come across it you will know what I mean. Probably was caused by the order in which I did things.

As far as mechanics, not much changed from the first one. I could get into the nuances but as far as the casual gamer (me), nothing shocked me with delight or anything (i.e. puddle rings or foot prints in snow ). Oh, and the reflections and shadows off of the characters are a nice touch too.

Great soundtrack but not enough of it. During some parts of the game, I wish they had just kept it in a loop for longer. Ah well.

I would definitley recommend the game if you liked Syberia 1.