You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
The Quiet One

Default The GOG Thread

Instead of me, or anyone else, creating a separate thread each time a game becomes available on GOG.com, we might as well just have one thread dedicated to the topic. Maybe even 'sticky' it?

Anyhoo...

Last month the King's Quest 1, 2 & 3 pack became available.

And this month, there was the King's Quest 7 & 8 pack and Still Life.

The King's Quest 4, 5 & 6 pack is also on there, but I've no idea when it became available.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
lost in rubacava

Great idea, I'm all for making The GOG Thread a sticky.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

GOG is my favourite digital vendor, but if this is made sticky why shouldn't Steam, Direct2Drive, etc. have their own sticky threads, too?

And why do we need an info every time they release a new adventure anyway (regardless if it's in separate threads or in one big one)? Once in a while, sure, if something a forumite considers rare/cheap/exclusive/surprising/otherwise noteworthy pops up, but that's a given. I do support a general thread about GOG, but if it's supposed to be a repository of information you could get from their newsletter or by sorting their catalogue by genre, I don't see the point.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
lost in rubacava

I've never bought from Steam or the other one you mention. Are their games DRM free as well as dirt cheap?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Honestly, I don't think we want a ton of sticky threads up top and I would be more apt to merge GOG offers in the discount thread. We want to make people aware of games for sale, but we don't necessarily want to advertise for a specific site by having a sticky thread for just them (see AFGNCAAP's post).
Old 09-18-2010, 02:54 AM   #6
The Quiet One

Ok.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #7

Uh Oh! check out the GOG website for the horrible news!

I was afraid of something like this happening. I hope that they keep their word and allow people to download back-ups. Pretty sad news!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
The Quiet One

I already expressed my sadness in the thread created in the 'General' section - I didn't think this thread would suddenly be used. It's great that creating this thread wasn't for nothing like I thought, but it's ironic that it's being used for this reason, though. *sigh*
Old 09-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

I moved most of the posts about GOG closing ( ) to this thread in General.