Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Fall Tournament at MM (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27783-fall-tournament-mm.html)

Lady Kestrel 09-10-2010 04:33 PM

Fall Tournament at MM

I just want to let you puzzlers and trivia lovers know that the fall adventure game tournament will be starting soon at Mystery Manor. If anyone is interested, you can find further details HERE.

cbman 09-11-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel (Post 559244)
I just want to let you puzzlers and trivia lovers know that the fall adventure game tournament will be starting soon at Mystery Manor. If anyone is interested, you can find further details HERE.

Oooh - Fall as in Autumn! I was puzzled for a minute there thinking you were talking about the Kheops game, the Fall!

AFGNCAAP 09-16-2010 05:16 PM

I'll skip the tournament this year but based on past experiences I can heartily recommend it as great brain-boiling fun to anyone who is not afraid of spending sleepless nights thinking laterally, analyzing databases of screenshots, refining their google searches and trying to remember the title of that one game that was similar to that other game which was recommended in that half-forgotten forum thread about yet another game. :D

Lady Kestrel 09-16-2010 09:41 PM

We'll miss torturing you this year, AF. ;)

Sughly 09-16-2010 10:25 PM

I perused the forums but still couldn't quite figure out what it was :z

Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but what does it involve exactly? It sounds interesting, but I do have a bit on during that time...

AFGNCAAP 09-17-2010 04:23 PM

This thread explains it in more detail, but the short version is: each week a new series of tasks is posted, testing the participants' puzzle-solving skills or adventure game knowledge (usually both). Those can be anything fom clips of music to identify to anagrams to decipher. People privately send in their guesses and gather points for the correct answers.

Lucien21 09-19-2010 12:51 PM

I'm still in Florida for another week. First time i've missed this toourney in a while.

SAD :(

diego 09-19-2010 01:12 PM

it's a shame i can't find older "Fall Tournament" threads at MM to see how it goes

Lady Kestrel 09-19-2010 05:49 PM

We've locked those threads away in the crypt, Diego, but we usually have a little bit of everything. Pop in tomorrow night to see if it catches your interest.

Lucien,
You're having entirely too much fun this year. Come by for a visit when you get back, even if you don't play.