Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Back to the Future first character concept art (and post-release reactions) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27703-back-future-first-character-concept-art-post-release-reactions.html)

D.C. 12-23-2010 02:05 AM

I had a damn good time with this today. (Despite some Windows 7 related technical problems that made me download the freakin' thing three times. ;)) Feels a bit simplistic, though. Old school too. That's not a bad thing, but not entirely a good thing either. After playing Heavy Rain and Mass Effect, it's getting a whole lot harder for me to play traditional adventures these days -- though I'll always have a soft spot for the genre. (This is just a matter of preference, I know. :D)

The game is full of atmosphere and is a whole lot of fun. The story and characters will keep you playing until the credits roll. Barely a head scratching puzzle in sight, though.

mataku 12-23-2010 06:29 AM

Am i the only one who can't save the game? i press ESC but all i see are these options. is there a hotkey or something i am missing?

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6...lizabeertz.jpg

Monolith 12-23-2010 06:51 AM

^I'm guessing the game automatically saves on close.

Dale Baldwin 12-23-2010 06:58 AM

There definitely should be a save/load option, unless you can't save where you are.

thejobloshow 12-23-2010 07:10 AM

I just played Episode 1 for about an hour or so and the attention to detail really is amazing - the story never feels like fan-fiction and the dialogue, behavior, mannerisms are very consistent to the film series rather than being just a pastiche of familiar quotes and references. Finally, a faithful adaptation of the BTTF universe in gaming!

Now, that aside - putting my critical hat on I can say that the game leans on the easy side and is pretty much linear in that you'll be addressing one puzzle or issue at a time. I'll be impressed if there's more than four hours of gameplay in an episode and I think general gamers who love the BTTF franchise will probably want features like being able to control the DeLorean. (I don't know yet if that happens though)

However, this is really such a great gift right before Christmas and the game universe is really entertaining - I think this will end up being one of my favourite games for 2010.

A good BTTF game, Telltale did it!

Jackal 12-23-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejobloshow (Post 567100)
My sentiments exactly... Way to help keep adventure games alive, AdventureGamers.

The absurdity (and ignorance) of this remark astounds me. :rolleyes:

For the record, we were all ready to roll out a preview of this game based on first-hand experience with the game, but Telltale wouldn't allow it. So people will have to make do with our four different news items and five upcoming reviews. You know... our usual "nothing".

cwapitm 12-23-2010 11:28 AM

I thought it was fantastic! Didn't want to stop playing until I finished. They did a great job capturing the feel of the movie series. It felt like I was watching a whole new movie in the franchise. Can't wait until February. :D

D.C. 12-23-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 567138)
For the record, we were all ready to roll out a preview of this game based on first-hand experience with the game, but Telltale wouldn't allow it.

That's unusual, especially by Telltale standards. Any idea why they wouldn't allow it?

Jackal 12-23-2010 04:36 PM

Telltale prefers to offer exclusive announcements/preview content to higher profile mainstream sites (Yahoo, IGN, Game Trailers, etc.) these days. We'd have been allowed to follow with a preview of our own after they dangled an exclusive elsewhere, but in this case, they just never got around to having it previewed anywhere. :frusty:

fov 12-23-2010 05:17 PM

It's also worth pointing out that Telltale usually sends out advance review copies to press and in this case didn't. That plus the fact that the game launched right before the holidays means review coverage will probably be sparse at first (everywhere, not just at AG). It's a shame since this is such a mainstream license; I hope it doesn't prevent people from checking it out.

Good to hear those who have played it are enjoying it so far!

thejobloshow 12-23-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mataku (Post 567131)
Am i the only one who can't save the game? i press ESC but all i see are these options. is there a hotkey or something i am missing?

If there's no Save/Load option in your menu it means you pirated the game you naughty boy!

Be sure to pay next time to support a great adventure game developer!

Monolith 12-24-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejobloshow (Post 567191)
If there's no Save/Load option in your menu it means you pirated the game you naughty boy!

Be sure to pay next time to support a great adventure game developer!

Nice move! lol

Gabe 12-24-2010 11:43 AM

I think Telltale games best ag producers on market.They not just utilising 3d for
agames great also producing with best possible script and artistic quality.

Monolith 12-25-2010 06:40 PM

Wow. Just beat the game. Who cares about the length of the episode. It felt like a full length film. Everything about it was well done. Loved the voices, loved the art direction, loved the new locations, and enjoyed the story!!!

Can't wait for episode 2!

DustyShinigami 02-17-2011 01:05 PM

Episode Two is now available.

inm8#2 02-17-2011 03:00 PM

I just got the email for free Episode 1 for which I signed up a couple months ago.

Weare6 02-17-2011 03:50 PM

Thats it..... I'm getting it!

Kurufinwe 02-17-2011 03:59 PM

It's been so long since the previous episode that I'm not sure I care anymore...

Origami 02-17-2011 06:36 PM

Just played and finished episode 2. It was great and an improvement upon 1. It's great to see the problems escalate to bigger problems.
The puzzles were fun in 2 but especially the new characters. I really really liked Trixie! Also there was a good portion of action. If things continue this way, it will turn out to be a great season.

Gonchi 02-17-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8#2 (Post 572539)
I just got the email for free Episode 1 for which I signed up a couple months ago.

It's About Time!

:devil: