Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Nando's World (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27566-nandos-world.html)

Alberto_NHIM 08-21-2010 01:48 AM

Nando's World

Dear all!

I would like to share with you my first adventure game Nando's World!

The game is a funny, colourful and absurd adventure.

Feel free to enter into our development blog with weekly updates: games.nhim.eu

Here our protagonist Nando!

We really hope to have from you many advices-comments-&-so-on!

All the best from Rome and from Nando!

J.H 08-21-2010 12:17 PM

The artwork is very nice to look at
http://games.nhim.eu/wp/wp-content/u...Ghost_City.jpg

Shany 08-21-2010 01:14 PM

Looks lovely, and the story sounds interesting as well.

Any estimation on a release date?

Alberto_NHIM 08-22-2010 02:40 AM

ahhh great! thanks dears! I'm very glad you like!

J.H we had the fortune to enter in collaboration with a really good South African concept artist, Deon de Lange, that very intuitively is able to trasform our ideas and words in very punctual artworks!

Shany thanks for comment :z!

We have a first deadline for the mid-December 2010 for a playable demo of Nando.

The full release, depends on what we choose after the demo (involving a publisher :frown: or to remain indiependent :z).

If we continue to walk in the indie path (what we really want) the full release deadline is for the end of April 2011!

However, let's enjoy the development!

stepurhan 08-22-2010 05:30 AM

As this is a commercial game I've moved it to the Adventure forum. It should get more attention there as well.

Alberto_NHIM 08-22-2010 06:03 AM

Ciao Stepurhan! really sorry for my mistake! ;) too relax for me in these days...i did'nt notice!

feel free to delete or move this thread and sorry again also to freeware games developers and readers!!

Ciao,
alberto

stepurhan 08-22-2010 06:06 AM

Not a problem. It's easily done. The thread is where it belongs now.

Alberto_NHIM 08-22-2010 06:09 AM

wow! so quickly...my brand new "home"

a shoot from Nando's electronic forest to restart!

http://games.nhim.eu/wp/wp-content/u...nic_Forest.jpg

Ascovel 08-22-2010 07:00 AM

I noticed you have a 3D artist. I hope at least the backgrounds stay 2D because they're brilliant.

Alberto_NHIM 08-22-2010 07:18 AM

Ciao Ascovel, these are just concepts of our splashing words & ideas.

Those sketches are the starting points for creating 2D scenes that will become 3D with projection paintings techniques (idk if in english is the right term projection paintings) but will become something like this

:9~

J.H 08-22-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto_NHIM (Post 557741)
Ciao Ascovel, these are just concepts of our splashing words & ideas.

Those sketches are the starting points for creating 2D scenes that will become 3D with projection paintings techniques (idk if in english is the right term projection paintings) but will become something like this

:9~

I'd say keep it fully 2D, although this style in the video is very nice too.

Alberto_NHIM 08-23-2010 02:58 AM

I working with unity3d for this games, so it's also quite funny coding tricks on the fixed camera in a 3d limited environment!

I'm not so fimiliar instead with 2D I must say ;)

ingumak 08-27-2010 04:17 AM

You draw really well!
Buff! Really interesting and worked.
I expect more progress!

Alberto_NHIM 08-30-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingumak (Post 558143)
You draw really well!
Buff! Really interesting and worked.
I expect more progress!

Thanks ingumak but the merit goes to our concept artist Deon de Lange!!

keep a lookout, there’s plenty more to come! Ciao!

Alberto_NHIM 09-18-2010 02:39 AM

Ciao gamers & developers!

I published new sketches for the main characters of the first level of nando's world in the blog! What do you think about?

Finally the first of October we start with our 3d artist to build up the Nando's World demo...check it out and follow us: games.nhim.eu!

with affection,
alberto

Majsan 10-14-2010 04:37 PM

Wow, I really like the story of this game! It sounds interesting, and looks it too... Are you planning to colour it or keep it "clean"? It looks really good as it is.

Is it a "serious game" or a game with humour, if you understand what I mean? ;)

Really like the idea of NW in-game Character!! Sounds really funny! Would be fun to do... I´m gonna have to have a talk with my wallet to see if we can come to an agreement... :D

Idrisguitar 10-15-2010 12:15 AM

looks amazing.

although like others i would love if these 2d concept art pictures were the full game backgrounds. they are beautiful as they are and i cant imagine a 3d projection making them better.

still very excited for the demo. this could get some traction (like machinarium did with its unique look)

Alberto_NHIM 10-15-2010 12:36 AM

Ciao Majsan!!!

It's defenately a funny game! In mid december we release the alpha demo, in 3D coloured ;)!! these are "only" concepts! :9

Humor all the time!
alberto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majsan (Post 561564)
Wow, I really like the story of this game! It sounds interesting, and looks it too... Are you planning to colour it or keep it "clean"? It looks really good as it is.

Is it a "serious game" or a game with humour, if you understand what I mean? ;)

Really like the idea of NW in-game Character!! Sounds really funny! Would be fun to do... I´m gonna have to have a talk with my wallet to see if we can come to an agreement... :D

Alberto_NHIM 10-15-2010 12:46 AM

wow it's the first time that machinarium is so near to nando, at least in a sentences!

We love the art of that game, even if we grow up with others "muses" just like the classics as Monkey or Sam&Max...we believe in the strong component of the language (dialogue) as a way to feel the relations/emotions between characters and between the player!

Hope to let you see some projections as soon as possible ;)!!!

Ciao Indris!
alberto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idrisguitar (Post 561578)
looks amazing.

although like others i would love if these 2d concept art pictures were the full game backgrounds. they are beautiful as they are and i cant imagine a 3d projection making them better.

still very excited for the demo. this could get some traction (like machinarium did with its unique look)

skeeter_93 10-16-2010 09:08 PM

Ciao Alberto, the pictures are beautiful, molto bene! I can't wait to see the demo...