Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Alchemia? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27528-alchemia.html)

tsa 08-17-2010 04:53 AM

Alchemia?

Yesterday I got an email from Amazon in which they recommended Alchemia to me. From the description they had on their website it looks like an interesting game. On the AG website I could only find this. On the Alchemia Website you can play part of the game. It looks a bit like Samorost and Machinarium. Are there people here who know more about this game? Is it fun?

Madskull 08-17-2010 06:21 AM

I think Alchemia isn't out yet.. Gamespot says that it's release date is somewhere in September 2010.

UPtimist 08-17-2010 07:49 AM

Didn't actually get to the play part (long intro :P) but looks like a pretty blatant Samorost copy to me, not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Doesn't matter to have more goodies like Samorost :)

I'm interested in hearing if anyone knows anything though

stepurhan 08-17-2010 08:55 AM

I know it's on AG's upcoming review list but any review won't appear until around the release date anyway.

Played the freeware part a while ago and Samorost is definitely an infuence. If you're a Samorost fan and are unsure if that's a good thing, then there's probably enough in that free portion to let you decide.

tsa 08-17-2010 09:56 AM

It's not made by the persons who made Samorost is it? Because it looks a lot like Samorost indeed.

Jelena 08-17-2010 10:17 AM

I got the little fellow to start the tractor and then I didn't manage anything more. *shrugs* Haven't consulted the w/t yet.
I have to join in and say it looks and sounds very much like Samorost. I find it a bit disturbing that they so obviously have used the look of the Amantia games Samorost and Machinarium. Is it perhaps someone from Amanita who now works on Springtail Studios?

tsa 08-17-2010 12:58 PM

There is a link to Armanita Design on the Alchemia website, so I guess they have something in common.

AFGNCAAP 08-17-2010 02:48 PM

Happy Alchemia Day!

I wouldn't read too much into their link to Amanita; they link to two other independent developers as well.

Anyway, it looks as though the "full English version" has been available from Springtail site since June, hasn't it? So I assume the later release dates refer only to the CD version, right?

Jackal 08-17-2010 04:54 PM

Yep, the full game is already available from the dev's website, and the upcoming retail version in early September is the exact same game, possibly with the soundtrack included.

harald 08-21-2010 01:40 AM

I played the free portion of the game a few days ago. It was very good. I didn't mind it being an obvious Samorost clone.

I'll probably buy the full version, but the price ($7 + VAT) feels a bit steep for a less than 2-hour game - especially since I've already played the first half.

J.H 08-21-2010 12:21 PM

It's like they stole Machniarium and Samorost and mixed them together a bit.

nonax 08-22-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.H (Post 557687)
It's like they stole Machniarium and Samorost and mixed them together a bit.

First of all this is not true. Alchemia was already announced in april 2009, the Machinarium demo first appeared in september 2009.
And besides that, isn't it just great to have more of these games? I really liked Machinarium and would like to see more games developped in this sub-genre.