Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Lost Horizon - German Demo (now English!) Available (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27480-lost-horizon-german-demo-now-english-available.html)

tastebud 08-12-2010 11:57 PM

Lost Horizon - German Demo (now English!) Available

for those of you interested, they just put up the german demo on the official site:
http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/

as of this writing you can only access it by clicking the german flag, then to "news" and then the yellow link.

downloading now (1gb). i'm eager to find out if its as indiana jonesy as promised.

Bout 08-13-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 556914)
for those of you interested, they just put up the german demo on the official site:
http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/

as of this writing you can only access it by clicking the german flag, then to "news" and then the yellow link.

downloading now (1gb). i'm eager to find out if its as indiana jonesy as promised.

The demo is 1gb then if its not the whole game then the game it self iwll be 4gb at least or more.

Started download now and 30minutes left!

Cuz sometimes they give a demo wich is the full game but they just limit the gameplay.

And 1gb is very big for a demo in other hand its not that big for complete full game.
I hope the game will be like 4gb or more thats more content and graphics.

Bout 08-13-2010 01:07 AM

FUCK! this 1 second left and then error stoped download:

How can it be?!%^$&^%

1 second left then some error say connection reset server or something and stoped downloading !
1 second left jesus !!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

tastebud 08-13-2010 01:31 AM

ah that sucks man, i hate it when that happens. they may be moving it to another mirror or something.

anyway, i just played it for like 30 minutes and stopped because i dont want to spoil everything yet on the demo. i went to amazon.de and preordered it. it seems VERY fun and does in fact have that indiana jonesy atmosphere. im definately looking forward to this one now :D

nonax 08-13-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bout (Post 556920)
How can it be?!%^$&^%

1 second left then some error say connection reset server or something and stoped downloading !
1 second left jesus !!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

Maybe you should try a download manager. They often can restart a download from where they were left.

Phaid 08-13-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastebud (Post 556923)
ah that sucks man, i hate it when that happens. they may be moving it to another mirror or something.

anyway, i just played it for like 30 minutes and stopped because i dont want to spoil everything yet on the demo. i went to amazon.de and preordered it. it seems VERY fun and does in fact have that indiana jonesy atmosphere. im definately looking forward to this one now :D

I wanted to download the demo, but considering what you've written... Looks like I won't bother and buy it on release instead.:D

magicarb 08-13-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bout (Post 556916)
The demo is 1gb then if its not the whole game then the game it self iwll be 4gb at least or more.... Cuz sometimes they give a demo wich is the full game but they just limit the gameplay. And 1gb is very big for a demo in other hand its not that big for complete full game. I hope the game will be like 4gb or more thats more content and graphics.

Translating the German, the demo consists of the first chapter of the game. No word on how many chapters there are.

The German version of the game will be released in a week. The listing says that you need 4.5 GB free hard drive space.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003...SIN=B003TPZE9A

Ralph 08-14-2010 08:39 AM

The demo of this game is fantastic!

Even though, I'm dutch, I'll buy the german version of this game
anyway. Hopefully it will be released in English as well, so it can
be enjoyed by more people.

It has easy gameplay and an interesting story so far. It reminds you of the
beginning of Indy & The Temple of Doom in Shanghai.

The demo is quite big. Ze germans are definetely making the best 2D adventure games these last years. Book of unwritten tales was a very good game too.

Currently I'm playing The Whispered World too, which has great graphics and
animation. But The Lost Horizon I found more interesting.

I think Telltale should go in the 2D business as well. The concept art from
Tales of Monkey Island were cooler than the actual 3D implementation.

Sho 08-14-2010 09:48 AM

I had a blast with the demo as well, great fun. The puzzles weren't hard, but it definitely doesn't seem to suffer from the "it's really just an slightly interactive movie" syndrome as some other recent adventures have (I'm looking at you, "15 Days"). At the same time, the presentation was very cineastic and engaging. I also liked how the character exposition is nicely staggered - no heavy-handed monologue that dishes the entire backstory of the protagonist at once, but rather told alongside the present-day plot, integrated into the puzzles.

The production values are top notch. The hand-drawn art style is sharp and detailled. The music cues repeated now and then, but are of high quality. The voice acting was top of the line. I especially like Kim.

Must buy for me now.

magicarb 08-14-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 557024)
The demo of this game is fantastic!
Even though, I'm dutch, I'll buy the german version of this game
anyway. Hopefully it will be released in English as well, so it can
be enjoyed by more people.

August 20th in English as well? Fingers crossed:

http://lost-horizon.deepsilver.com/e...ow/?no_cache=1

Strav 08-14-2010 11:52 AM

Lost Horizon release date

From their website: 20th of August.

It ain't showing on Adventure Gamers' Lost horizon's page so I though this might be of some interest (haven't found anything in the forums too, so sorry for the redundancy if there's any).

Cheers,

Strav

nonax 08-15-2010 12:47 PM

Well, I liked the demo very much! The hand drawn backgrounds are beautifull, as are the cut-scenes. The game is presented as an action movie. This is done very well, especially the pace is very good. I'll be waiting for the full release...

900Mhz 08-17-2010 02:40 AM

From Play.com website:
Quote:

Pre-order. | Due for release on 17/09/2010

dekaneas297 08-17-2010 03:33 AM

I guess this explains the release of the demo. I found it extremely weird to release a demo when it's so close (less than 7 days) to the release date of the game...

terhardp 08-17-2010 04:36 AM

Aw shucks, I've thought that the english version will be released on August 27th. :(

Well, we can wait a bit more...

Bout 08-17-2010 06:01 AM

9000MHZ I dont know where are you from but the game is coming this 20 of august:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 900Mhz (Post 557242)
From Play.com website:

The site you you pre ordered the game from if it was you is a UK site wich means Play.com is in the u.k

If you type in internet explorer play.co.uk it will redirect you to the address play.com
And since the site is from the UK the release date there is september.

But if your going to the site of gamersgate.com: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LH/lost-horizon

You will see that the release date in English for all europe is the 20 of august!
Only UK and USA release dates are 17/09/10 for uk and 24/09/10 for usa.
In the pre order page of the game on gamersgate you see:

Release dates:

Europe (excluding UK) - 20/8/10
UK - 17/9/10
USA - 24/9/10

Gamersgate is a site where you buy games and download them directly.
So the official release date for english version is the 20 of august for europe only UK and USA release dates are 17/09 and 24/09.

And play.com is a uk site thats why the release date there is for september.

I cant wait anymore for the game just more 3 days:)

Again the link for the game on gamersgate you cant buy now only on the 20 of august:)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LH/lost-horizon

terhardp 08-17-2010 09:50 PM

Bout, thanks for the info. I was planning to buy a download version of the game.

900Mhz 08-21-2010 02:47 AM

I think GamersGate got it wrong, it just says not available yet, when clicking the link. The German release date was the 20th, but English language version 17/09. BTW that's what the first reviews tell as the release date as well. Weirdly enough the same Gamereactor site, but in Finnish gave the game a much higher score 7/10. To sum them up, the Danish/English review says that the story is not interesting, the characters are too thin, the game is very easy, but has some illogical puzzles and the game is all and all a bit too confusing. The Finnish review says that the voice acting is beyond horrible, the poorly animated character models don't fit together with the nice backgrounds, some puzzles are illogical, the game is easy, but the story is gripping and the overall atmosphere is excellent and definitely worth getting if you are into adventuring.

Neptin 08-21-2010 04:20 AM

Funny ratings. These are the first German reviews:

Gamestar.de - 87%
Onlinewelten.de - 87%
Gamers.at - 88%

I really enjoyed it so far.

ozzie 08-21-2010 05:35 AM

Well, the German press always rates adventures unusually high, especially the ones out of Germany! ;)
I think I'll try out the demo to Lost Horizon when I get home. Looks fun!