You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #81
The Quiet One

Excellent! I still haven't played the original, so this - like Beyond Good & Evil HD - would be ideal.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #82

I'm about to play this game for the very first time... got a boxed copy on eBay the other day, still sealed even... but it won't remain sealed for much longer :p

Will be very interesting to actually play this game, looking forwards to that.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #83

Just read this on the Facebook page from a Trevor Greer who is involved the enhanced edition

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news for those of you who are looking forward to the re-enhanced version of Toonstruck.
My father and Keith both worked at Virgin (Interactive?) and they are overseeing the project. As well as this, I play a part of this project.
The re-enhanced version is beginning to gain momentum and we are in the process of gathering all the old data from the original source code.
We hope to have stuff for Comicon this July, so check out the PCB Productions booth at the convention!

Anyone here going to Comic Con???
Old 06-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #84

Trevor has just answered some fan questions one in particular telling which platform its coming out on first;

1. I believe our current goal lies with a handheld version of the game. But, depending on its success, repackaging it back for PC and Mac isn't too far off.

2. What I mean by "Re-enhanced" is that we are taking all the old backgrounds and sound files and upping their resolution to match the ratio of iPad, iPhone etc.

3. We don't have any current plans to send it off for a windows platform at the moment.

4. While it may be going for Apple products, im not sure if we will have it for Android. Time will tell.

5. Once I find out our booth number for Comicon, I will be sure to let you guys know so you can come on by! I will probably be there helping out all (5?) days of the Convention at the booth.

So it looks like a iOS/handheld release first then on PC and MAC, this has happened before especially with the remastered Broken Swords.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #85

I think they have their sights set on iphone/ipad right from the start, after seeing countless other older adventures making the jump. No surprise they are making pc platform irrelevant yet again...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #86

it's a smart move to be honest. releasing on the handhelds first will get them noticed but in a smaller market where there's a little less serious competition. then rereleasing on PC once awareness is up a bit and they've made a bit of profit and can hopefully afford a bit of marketing

I'd still prefer PC version sooner of course, but at least it's not a "never gonna happen" like some developers
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #87

Just read this, after so many asking why a PC version isn't getting released first, Trevor has responded with the following;

"I'll tell you what guys. Next time I speak to Keith, I will ask him about what his opinion is about adapting the game to PC and Mac computers. Possibly through Steam."

He also went on to say;

I forgot to mention, please refer people with questions to this thread. I am unsure of what TS communities there are.
Thanks Guys!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #88

Anyone who is going to Comic Con this week especially if anyone in the AG staff is going, PCB Productions, who are working on TS enhanced, their booth number is 4039. From looking at the map layout too on the website, it looks like their booth is between Funimation and Square Enix booths.

Hope whoever is going will be able to get a look at it and maybe get some pictures maybe an interview with Keith Arem if they can.