You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #21

I'd like it if Adventure Gamers would do an article on this and put it on their front page I think that would help with building more interest especially for the petition site.

EDIT: Just found out that Charles Cecil of Broken Sword fame was involved in development of Toonstruck as his name appears in the credits under the "Special Thanks" bit with a little message saying "for lending a hand"

Last edited by Rosswell; 08-09-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #22

Awesome.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #23

Now into the 1,200s. Even if it doesn't make 50,000 I'm sure it will definitley show that theres interest in wanting a re-release, heres hoping!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
I like tea.

I've made my signature, though I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. This would be awesome, though. Toonstruck was a fantastic game that didn't quite get the recognition it deserved.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #25

Also signed, but I think we shouldn't forget that there might be a market for people who don't know of Toonstruck, because they didn't play games when it came out, or were too young, or just not interested in games back then or are only interested in games for handheld devices.

So, the petition might say something, but definitely not everything!
Especially since only hardcore adventure fans traffic the sites that link to this petition!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #26

Never played it, but it seems like the kind of game that would interest me. A Toonstruck Complete Edition would be nice... bring back plenty of nostalgia!

Since 2010 seems to be the year people are showing interest in graphic adventure games that were cancelled... I was thinking... maybe some people who worked on Toonstruck might also show interest in... say... Freelance Police?

(crosses fingers)
Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #27
Knights Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosswell View Post
I'd like it if Adventure Gamers would do an article on this and put it on their front page I think that would help with building more interest especially for the petition site.

EDIT: Just found out that Charles Cecil of Broken Sword fame was involved in development of Toonstruck as his name appears in the credits under the "Special Thanks" bit with a little message saying "for lending a hand"
Good point - come on Adventure Gamers lets have a front page link!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #28
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
I'd start with Steam.
I know I mention GOG in every other of my rare posts, but I think they'd be the obvious first choice over Steam, given their focus on the classics and on adding extras. (I assume at least part of the unused material turns out to be too incomplete to include in game and can only be attached as a bonus).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #29

This petition seriously needs news coverage to get more signatures, please Adventure Gamers do a news story on this for your front page!!!!.

It would also be an idea if people who sign it, try and submit it as many times as you can to some of the big gaming news sites so it gets their attention too. I've been trying to do this for the last week or so and not heard anything but gonna keep trying till it gets noticed.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #30

Great news!! I played all the way through to the final part of the first game but lost my save file! I am still clueless as to how it ends, due to not trying to complete the game again, since.

But a second installment sounds absolutely magical! The first games humor was wicked, and the animation was awesome fun. I have signed up to show my support wherever possible!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #31
Sensei

I have signed this too. It's great to see so many other people so enthusiastic about this game. I was hooked when I first played it, and I have faith that I would be equally hooked by a sequel.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
Sierra gamer

2000 signatures now!
It's complicated

50 000 signatures will be an impossible goal (I think)
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrakis View Post
2000 signatures now!
It's complicated

50 000 signatures will be an impossible goal (I think)
Me too, I seriously think they need to lower it to at least 5000 I'm sure that would be enough to cover it and I can't see there been 50,000 people who know Toonstruck.

Whats annoying now is that the guys over on the fan project forum (who were the ones to start all this btw) don't want this to happen cause they're worried their fan made version will get axed, screw the fan version I'd rather play the real thing plus they won't be able to get hold of the material anyway even if they were to make it thats why I think 50,000 sigs was an act of sabotage if you could call it that.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #34
Knights Templar

I'm just baffled at adventuregamers.com's apparent lack of interest in this, I thought this would be top news!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #35
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Whats annoying now is that the guys over on the fan project forum (who were the ones to start all this btw) don't want this to happen cause they're worried their fan made version will get axed, screw the fan version I'd rather play the real thing.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazsin View Post
I'm just baffled at adventuregamers.com's apparent lack of interest in this, I thought this would be top news!
This too. Not every AG reader visits the forum, so a news item (or some investigative journalism would be even better! how about an interview with the guy holding the rights?) would be nice.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #36
Freeware Co-ordinator

I've done some investigative journalism of my own on this.

The opening post includes a quote attributed to Keith Arem. I can find plenty of instances of it being used in threads like this or news stories reporting on threads like this. What I can't find is any proof that he actually said it. Even the references on Wikipedia only pont to the petition and fan pages (i.e. nothing produced by Mr Arem himself) That is, in itself, weird as that section looks like hearsay without links to an actual interview.

This really makes it look like the whole thing is the product of some fan that wanted to start a movement. This also makes me doubt the later (similarly unreferenced) assertions that all the material for a sequel exists (or indeed, ever existed beyond a handful of concept screenshots). If someone has some proof then by all means provide it and I'll revise my views accordingly. Until then I personally don't see this as news.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I've done some investigative journalism of my own on this.

The opening post includes a quote attributed to Keith Arem. I can find plenty of instances of it being used in threads like this or news stories reporting on threads like this. What I can't find is any proof that he actually said it. Even the references on Wikipedia only pont to the petition and fan pages (i.e. nothing produced by Mr Arem himself) That is, in itself, weird as that section looks like hearsay without links to an actual interview.

This really makes it look like the whole thing is the product of some fan that wanted to start a movement. This also makes me doubt the later (similarly unreferenced) assertions that all the material for a sequel exists (or indeed, ever existed beyond a handful of concept screenshots). If someone has some proof then by all means provide it and I'll revise my views accordingly. Until then I personally don't see this as news.
The quote was from an email response one of the guys at the fan project forum recieved when he contacted Keith Arem about the music track listing, it can be found here: http://toonstruck2.games4um.de/f29t2...ting-news.html
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #38

I don't appreciate petitions. I find them childish and worthless.

Also, as stepurhan wrote, the source brings a lot of doubt. What makes it even more suspicious is that the OP omitted (intentionally) to copy-paste the whole so-called email. This Keith Arem guy doesn't need a support petition. He asks for a finance petition.

I guess the OP, newmy51 and 'Keith Arem' is the same guy and the next step of the plan is to create a donation. Nice way to collect money from fanboys
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #39
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
The quote was from an email response one of the guys at the fan project forum recieved when he contacted Keith Arem about the music track listing, it can be found here: http://toonstruck2.games4um.de/f29t2...ting-news.html
As dekaneas has already pointed out, that's hardly proof that it's really from Keith Arem, or that he has any files from an asserted second half of the game. Without independent evidence, a post by a fan on a Toonstruck 2 forum carries no more weight than the post that started this thread.

Oddly enough, the omitted section about needing help raising the finance makes it more plausible than merely a generic appeal for fan support. I'd be very wary of any appeal for donations without concrete proof of the people behind it though.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #40
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
If someone has some proof then by all means provide it and I'll revise my views accordingly. Until then I personally don't see this as news.
I see your point, and have to admit it does look a bit peculiar. (Which is one more reason it'd be great if AG could get to the bottom of it and either confirm it as real or expose it as something else. That would be news.)