Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Puzzle Agent (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27196-puzzle-agent.html)

Sughly 07-01-2010 04:39 AM

Puzzle Agent

So just been into this a bit today and loving it. Might be a bit of a Professor Layton, but hell, I love Professor Layton! And the writing in it is great. The art style has really started to grow on me too, I'm loving it.

Did a little search and noone seemed to have brought it up thus far on its release so... what are others thoughts on the game?

Roper Klacks 07-01-2010 05:06 AM

I didn't know it was released already! I'll buy it when it gets on Steam.

HaroldO 07-01-2010 05:19 AM

I'm downloading it now. *excited*

Sughly 07-01-2010 07:03 AM

Bah, finished already! So much temporary fun...

Kolorabi 07-01-2010 07:57 AM

I'm pretty close to the end now, I think. I'm also pretty tired of snowmobile puzzles.

I like the presentation a lot. And the puzzles are mostly fun, but very few of them are particularly memorable or inspired, and there's not enough variation. The game was probably worth the money, but it's not as good as I had hoped.

PhoenixWrong 07-01-2010 08:59 AM

Is there a demo?

HaroldO 07-01-2010 02:30 PM

yes there is

Sughly 07-01-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi (Post 553639)
I'm pretty close to the end now, I think. I'm also pretty tired of snowmobile puzzles.

I like the presentation a lot. And the puzzles are mostly fun, but very few of them are particularly memorable or inspired, and there's not enough variation. The game was probably worth the money, but it's not as good as I had hoped.

Yeah I think I have to largely agree with you on these points...

HaroldO 07-03-2010 09:59 AM

I just finished the game now. I had my expectations met in most aspects. The game recycled some basic puzzles in order to increase play time and I could go a little more dialogue, but that's all I can criticize. I liked agent Tethers, the art style, the presentation and voice acting, specially Glori and Bjorn, the latter who during one scene (at the lodge) I actually thought he was voiced by Christopher Lee. :D
Telltale Games can sign me up for more.
Spoiler:
I also loved how the game managed to scare me a couple of times when the hidden people interrupted me during some puzzles. Nelson reaction to that is awesome. Also, I laughed for minutes at how he got away from the sheriff at the lodge.

Lucien21 07-03-2010 10:43 AM

Waiting on the ipad version.

Sughly 07-03-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaroldO (Post 553804)
Spoiler:
I also loved how the game managed to scare me a couple of times when the hidden people interrupted me during some puzzles. Nelson reaction to that is awesome. Also, I laughed for minutes at how he got away from the sheriff at the lodge.

Yeah the game was genuinely unsettling in plenty of moments, I loved that. And I have to say when I first turned it on the art was kind of jarring at first, but by the time I finished it I was in love with it. Bring on more!

HaroldO 07-08-2010 08:01 AM

For those waiting for the game on Steam, it's out now and it's 10% off. Like the version on Telltale Store you get both Mac and Windows version. Sadly, there's no Steam Cloud support.

stepurhan 07-08-2010 10:24 AM

I do most of my gaming on a separate computer without a net connection. I can download and then transfer across on memory stick but do I need to be connected to install/run the game? (non-Steam version)

HaroldO 07-08-2010 11:03 AM

You can if you buy it from the Telltale Store, but you have to send TTG an e-mail as they say in their support page:
Quote:

If you want to play a downloadable game on a computer that isn't connected to the internet, you can unlock the game using a Manual Unlock code. When you first run the game, click "No thanks, just take me to the demo" to bypass the login screen. Click the "Already Paid" button, then go to the Manual Unlock tab and follow the instructions. You will need to email us your serial number and the request code that is displayed in the launcher window, so we can generate an unlock code that will work on your computer.

Harald B 07-08-2010 11:04 AM

Informed guess based on previous Telltale games: the standard activation method does require you to be connected the first time you run, but I think there's a way around that involving mailing Telltale support.

edit: ninja'd. Yeah, what HaroldO says.

stepurhan 07-08-2010 11:08 AM

Great. Thanks for that. I did like the look of this one but I prefer not to install games on this machine if possible.