Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   BladeRunner Style Game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27161-bladerunner-style-game.html)

Tularis 06-25-2010 01:21 AM

BladeRunner Style Game

Hey,

Does anyone know of a game like the BaldeRunner Adventure game? I remember seeing something similar (I thought) on the Westwood website.

I thought it was called The Legend of Kyrandia but after a quick google its blatantly not it. I think it has something to do with ice.....

I seem to remember it saying it was first released for the play station...

but then it could all be a figment of my imagination...

Any Help?:frusty:

Origami 06-25-2010 01:28 AM

Circuit's Edge?

Tularis 06-25-2010 01:59 AM

nah, i'm sure it was 3d like blade runner.

ozzie 06-25-2010 03:20 AM

Nightlong? Rise of the Dragon?

Those are games similar to Blade Runner, but neither of them were released on the Playstation or had any involvement from Westwood.
Westwood didn't make another adventure after Blade Runner. The Legend of Kyrandia series and Circuit's Edge are the only other adventures Westwood ever made.

SamandMax 06-25-2010 08:37 AM

The only game I can think of that you might be remembering is Prisoner of Ice, which wasn't released by Westwood but did come out on the Playstation and involved ice.

Methodical MaN 06-25-2010 09:59 AM

sure your not thinking of Lands of Lore?

Lupin The Third 06-26-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax (Post 553122)
The only game I can think of that you might be remembering is Prisoner of Ice, which wasn't released by Westwood but did come out on the Playstation and involved ice.

I too wondered if Tularis is thinking of this as well. Incidentally it also got a Saturn release in Japan where they, oddly enough, retained the English dialog. Since I was able to grab a factory sealed copy for only $7 this is how I played the game. Granted it has nothing to do with Blade Runner-esque Sci-fi.

My other guess would be Nightlong. The cover was very similar to Blade Runner.

Jacques l'aliéné 06-26-2010 04:01 PM

I agree with ozzie's suggestions, but would add In Cold Blood. Different in lots of ways but, to me, had a similar 'feel' to Blade Runner, and was released on PS1.

marshal99 06-27-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin The Third (Post 553240)
I too wondered if Tularis is thinking of this as well. Incidentally it also got a Saturn release in Japan where they, oddly enough, retained the English dialog. Since I was able to grab a factory sealed copy for only $7 this is how I played the game. Granted it has nothing to do with Blade Runner-esque Sci-fi.

My other guess would be Nightlong. The cover was very similar to Blade Runner.

Prisoner of Ice is hardly blade runner type of game , Isn't Prisoner of Ice more of a HP lovecraft horror adventure game ?

Tularis 07-07-2010 01:43 AM

Excellent Suggestions.
I have a feeling it was either "NightLong" or "Cold Blood"

I'll have a search and see what I can dig out!

<Edit>
Prisoner of Ice looks good too, is that supported in ScummVM?

Lupin The Third 07-07-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshal99 (Post 553344)
Prisoner of Ice is hardly blade runner type of game , Isn't Prisoner of Ice more of a HP lovecraft horror adventure game ?

It IS an HP Lovecraft game. Infogrames created two fully licensed Lovecraft games. Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet and Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice. We weren't suggesting this was the sci-fi game the op was looking for, we were suggesting a possible confusion of titles and themes.

Mikekelly 07-15-2010 09:57 AM

Nightlong would get my vote. Very BladeRunner like. Another is Legacy: Dark Shadows - all three of these games have a similar feel.

On the DS - which I now play 95% of my adventure games on - love the Dsi XL !!!!!!!! Again: Eye of Providence has a similar feel to BladeRunner.

BladeRunner is a classic - I've played it through many times.