Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   It's time for... another Steam sale (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27157-its-time-another-steam-sale.html)

MrMike 06-24-2010 01:01 PM

It's time for... another Steam sale

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Adventure/

Tons of games are now on sale at Steam, not just including adventure games.

Some adventure highlights:

Dark Fall: Lost Souls 10.19
Ceville and Jack Keane, 6.79 each
Indigo Prophecy and Culpa Innata, 3.39 each
The Whispered World 14.99
The Sherlock Holmes Collection 27.49 (Six games included!)
Runaway, the Dream of the Turtle 7.49

and many more, including Daily Deals. The deal ends July 4.

TopCat 06-24-2010 01:28 PM

OT: I made a new acc recently (forgot my password and acc name), so I left you a message on your profile wall :)

Back to the sale:
The Sherlock Holmes deal is a steal..... 6 games... WOAH!

HaroldO 06-24-2010 01:52 PM

Also Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition is free for those who pre-order LeChuck's Revenge SE today.

EDIT: wow! Time Gentlemen, Please!; Safecracker; Samorost 2 are 2,50 each. I don't know, but I think I'll buy Tropico.

EDIT 2: Culpa Innata is $3,40 and Trine is borderline stealing for $4,00.

rayvio 06-24-2010 10:21 PM

I must be cursed, download limit (currently 30gig a month) doesn't go up until 9th of July (to 80gig). oh well, here's hoping for more special offers throughout the summer

imisssunwell 06-25-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

must be cursed, download limit (currently 30gig a month) doesn't go up until 9th of July (to 80gig). oh well, here's hoping for more special offers throughout the summer
You don't have to download them now, you can buy them now - while the offer is still on - and download them whenever you like.

Vahkris 06-25-2010 08:31 AM

Yeah, all buying them does is add them to your account. Once they're on your account, you can download and play them whenever you want, so buy away!

Roper Klacks 06-25-2010 08:35 AM

The Whispered World is in a more fair price now, even though we europeans are being robbed once again. But i might buy it.

How is Culpa Innata? I've been interested in that game for a while now, not sure if l'll buy it, but its cheap anyway.

No_doubtsy 06-25-2010 09:20 AM

WOW! It's one after another. Last week I spent more than 100$ on Adventure Shop Sale and now STEAM crazy sale.

Ghostbusters is 4$ today (great game) and The Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut is only 6.79$ (hard to believe, amazing long RPG)

Also MATA HARI is 4.99$!!
TELLTALE EVERYTHING PACK 49.99$

Is Full Pipe good? it's only 1.24$??

imisssunwell 06-25-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_doubtsy (Post 553130)
WOW! It's one after another. Last week I spent more than 100$ on Adventure Shop Sale and now STEAM crazy sale.

Ghostbusters is 4$ today (great game) and The Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut is only 6.79$ (hard to believe, amazing long RPG)

Also MATA HARI is 4.99$!!
TELLTALE EVERYTHING PACK 49.99$

Is Full Pipe good? it's only 1.24$??

A little off-topic but I think the Witcher is on offer till 12 Aug, unlike the rest which are either daily offers or till 4 July. Just guessing, but could this be because Witcher 2 is on its way, I hope so.

Ellie13 06-25-2010 10:58 AM

Is the monkey island offer (2 for 1) still good for today? Or was it a one-day only? I don't see anything about the offer on the steam site today. ;(

TopCat 06-25-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie13 (Post 553147)
Is the monkey island offer (2 for 1) still good for today? Or was it a one-day only? I don't see anything about the offer on the steam site today. ;(

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32469/

Quote:

Pre-Purchase Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge™ now and receive The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition for free!

HaroldO 06-25-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Pre-Purchase Offer
Pre-Purchase Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge™ now and receive The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition for free!
I just copied that from the steam page. It seem it's still good. give it a try.
Edit: TopCat beat me to it. :P

Ellie13 06-25-2010 12:11 PM

Whoo!

Thanks! I did look at that page before, but I must have a tendency to miss things that are right in front of me. :D

Coop 06-26-2010 06:56 PM

I would hold off on the Telltale pack for now. it might be a daily deal and could be cheaper.

HaroldO 06-26-2010 07:07 PM

I'm waiting until the final day to see if anything I want shows up as daily deal.

EDIT: OMG! 75% of all Civilization games? That puts me in a dilemma. I'm not a fan of Civ, nor I have time to play them but I'm obviously losing money by not buying it!

Fantasysci5 06-27-2010 08:33 PM

OMG!!! :9~ I have to use all of my self control to not start buying out the whole store. Ghost Master is a steal at 95 CENTS, and well worth it! I'm getting tempted by the Sherlock Holmes games, and I haven't even given the Civilization games any thought before now. My hands are twitching to start buying!! I'm definetely going to pick up Culpa Innata, and I'll probably end up getting more. :P

EDIT: I only heard of the sale yesterday. Did I miss any good Daily Deals before yesterday? Like what?

MrMike 06-28-2010 02:52 PM

Today's daily deal is...The Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack for 11.90.

Also the Oddworld pack (Abe's Exodus and Abe's Odyssey) is also just 2.50. Though considered to be a platformer, it does feel like an adventure game at times.

MrMike 06-28-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 553354)
EDIT: I only heard of the sale yesterday. Did I miss any good Daily Deals before yesterday? Like what?

Check back on the last day of the sale. For the last Holiday sale, Steam put all of their daily deals back on sale again.

I think today's deals are the first adventure games featured in the daily deals, though yesterday's $1.99 Flotilla deal, has some adventure game elements, ie choose your own adventure style.

Christian IV 06-28-2010 10:48 PM

The only problem with this sale is that these titles are on STEAM. I will never support a system that requires people to be online to play a game that they supposedly own.

Shany 06-29-2010 02:26 AM

Steam has an offline mode.