Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Goblins Quest Discussion (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2715-goblins-quest-discussion.html)

4ntonio 04-01-2004 02:47 AM

Goblins Quest Discussion

Has anyone played the game? Funny, memorable, and deep, it was THE game that got me hooked on the genre back in 1994. (Here's a review, btw: http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,2870/) I tried Gobliiins Quest but there's a grating sound whenever I try to play it.

I haven't read anything about the game anywhere so I was wondering what everybody thought of the series.

dave_minall 04-01-2004 02:53 AM

i have all 3 of the goblins games. 3 is definately the best, as it is the funiest and has the best graphics. Goblins 2 had the best storyline (if there ever was 1) and goblins 1 was just a joke

toblix 04-01-2004 04:08 AM

Ah, those games were brilliant. I loved Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth too. Too bad Coktel isn't around anymore.

ChaosFish 04-01-2004 04:19 AM

Oohh Goblins 3, I love this game!

Btw if you have Icy Tower, you can download hell of good quality Goblins 3 characters from here.

Zanthia 04-01-2004 04:40 AM

All 3 goblins games was great. The second had hardest puzzles. the third was more easy, but without playing the second you'll miss something there. The first one was very nice and originall.

Ariel Type 04-01-2004 08:33 AM

Yeah, one of the most original games and THE best game by Coktel for sure. But, IMO, it was harder than the 2nd one.

4ntonio 04-03-2004 08:29 PM

Goblins Quest people -- if I enjoyed Goblins 3, what other quirky adventure games would you recommend that is just as good or even better? :)

Kingzjester 04-03-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Oohh Goblins 3, I love this game!

Btw if you have Icy Tower, you can download hell of good quality Goblins 3 characters from here.

I have fond memories of the third one, the others I never finished. Also, what the hell is Icy Tower? EDIT: Never mind, don't answer that.

EDIT # 2: I really like the mechanics of these games. They are not as much adventures as they are cool puzzle mazes. Does anybody know any more games of that ilk?

Zanthia 04-04-2004 01:39 PM

You can try Ween: The Prophecy it is 1st person, but with similar spirit.

Legolas813 04-04-2004 02:23 PM

i've only played goblins 2 and that was a LONG time ago.........i loved the game, even though it was pretty hard........i just downloaded it and a dos emulator so i can play it again......i had totally forgotten about the series until i saw this thread

Sky Warrior Bob 04-04-2004 02:44 PM

*Sigh* I'd really like to play Goblins again, unfortuantly I can't get my Goblins 2 CD to run under Dosbox, on my Win ME computer. Of course, I have .60, but that's because .61 doesn't run on Win Me.

Sky Warrior Bob

Legolas813 04-04-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
*Sigh* I'd really like to play Goblins again, unfortuantly I can't get my Goblins 2 CD to run under Dosbox, on my Win ME computer. Of course, I have .60, but that's because .61 doesn't run on Win Me.

Sky Warrior Bob

it works fine for me on Windows XP......but i have heard that win ME is not very dos friendly

Ariel Type 04-05-2004 06:11 AM

4ntonio
Like Zanthia said, Prophecy - it's really the closest game to Goblins series. Also you can try other games by Coktel: Woodruff (really wacky), Lost in Time (make you brains cry), Bargon Attack (more of tradition adventure), Fascination (rather good), and, maybe, Inca series (though it's more of action/Myst gybrid, but some of the puzzles in the 1st game are just wonderful). If you have a lot of courage, you can try Urban Runner, but I won't suggest you :r
Apart from that another wacky adventure is Neverhood from DreamWorks (though it's not exectly Coktel style). It's a pity there wasn't any Coktel-like games. Maybe Lost Vikings, but it's not adventure at all.