Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   It's FREE... Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/27101-its-free-mystery-case-files-ravenhearst.html)

MrMike 06-16-2010 11:46 AM

It's FREE... Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst

You can now get Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst for free from Big Fish Games!

Head over to Big Fish Games, add the game to your cart and enter the coupon code:

FREERAVEN

Voila, the game is yours for free and supposedly this deal is good through August.

SharonB 06-17-2010 07:59 AM

Thanks for telling us. I just got my copy. Great deal!

PolloDiablo 06-20-2010 11:11 PM

Hmm the coupon code works but I still have to give them all my personal details AND a payment method. What payment? Am probably too paranoid but why do they want my credit card or paypal? What are they going to sneakily deduct?

orient 06-20-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloDiablo (Post 552693)
Hmm the coupon code works but I still have to give them all my personal details AND a payment method. What payment? Am probably too paranoid but why do they want my credit card or paypal? What are they going to sneakily deduct?

I'm fairly sure that signing up to Bigfish (which is required to download games from them) costs $6.99 a month or something.

rayvio 06-21-2010 01:46 AM

I got it for free, didn't need to enter a payment method and didn't have to payfor anything else either ,although I did need to block their spam from my inbox

MoP 06-21-2010 06:00 AM

Yeah, I created an account and downloaded the game as intended as well, no payment details or anything.
Can't say I enjoyed the game(play), but at least now I can say from experience HOGs aren't my thing :P

HaroldO 06-21-2010 07:38 AM

Just got mine but I think I'll download it later.

Fantasysci5 06-21-2010 01:56 PM

Thanks for letting us know about this!

You can use Big Fish for free a month, it's if you want to be a "member" that costs money.

I always wanted to try out this game, since it's horror themed, and the diary pages are interesting, and it's a nice free distraction. I find finding objects is a little difficult for me, but oh well. It's free. :)

strandiam 06-22-2010 07:40 AM

Thank you!

PolloDiablo 06-22-2010 11:40 AM

Not sure what went wrong the first time I tried, was now able to download without any obstructions/awkward questions. :)

rayvio 06-30-2010 01:31 AM

well I got around to trying it, it's certainly not a great game but it's good for killing a little time. my main complaint would be the vocabulary on the item list which, while probably fine for americans may confuse others who for example consider £ to be a pound sign rather than # and who don't know the shape of texas
anyway, it's free and a small download so you may as well try it