You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #1301

Sam and Max tomb of Sammun-Mak maybe? Probably way off, not even the devil's playhouse. But if it's Sam and Max I bet it's from that season.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #1302

Sorry, nope...not THAT prophecy...
The game is from a humorous, must-play series (90's classic-2d first games, and the later games are in 3d... )

A little secret: if I use a Sam and Max quote it would probablly (99,9999%) be from Hit the road ,and not from the seasons...
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #1303

Okay well I was going to say Simon the Sorcerer but it's kind of a stretch to call the later games humoures. And pretty sure it's not Monkey Island or Leisure Suit Larry.

So that leaves me with...Broken Sword maybe? They're sort of humoures and I'm guessing it's the Shadow of the templers maybe?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #1304

As much as I like BS... nope, not this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_wachter View Post
Okay well I was going to say Simon the Sorcerer but it's kind of a stretch to call the later games humoures.
Just going to say?

Ok... busted...I admit that when I say Simon I usually think at the first two games...

But this time, the quote is from the most unplayed and disliked game of the series...
And the spilled cofee , it's Calypso's...

Go ahead Jon_wachter !
Old 10-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #1305

First of all wait...what? What just happened there did I get it right without even guessing the right game?

I think Simon the sorcerer 3D was pretty good but the mini games (especially the duck shooting game) drove me crazy and it ended up taking me about 2 years to finish the game...at least it felt like it. I just hate the german games with American Simon.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #1306

Oups, sorry, I was in my fast forward mode again... (mostly all day, today)
I'll pan myself later!

Yep, I should've waited to confirm which game of the series: Simon 3d
But you had BS or Simon...and since it wasn't BS...

(About the duck game, I actually put a little duct tape in the middle of my monitor,where the yo-yo hits and it becomes really easy to get those ducks! . I had more problems in the swamp at following that creature... )
Old 10-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #1307

Yeah I spent an entire night trying to cross the swamp only to find out I didn't have the axe I think, so I had to go back and start all over again. Funny thing about the duck game, once i finally got it after litterally 300 tries or so, it got so easy and I nailed it every time straight away after that. I also struggled with the fireworks and crossing the rope bridge and all the other mini games hahaha.

So it was Simon 3D, well you could have just said Simon and let me struggle a bit more, my guess would have been Simon1. Well since I don't really feel like I got this correctly, I want you to do a new quote, but please feel free to quote a game that was made before or around the same time Simon 3D was made. Cause I haven't really played much these last 10 years.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #1308

OK, new quote:

"Move over cheese breath! I don't have time for this!
Do I smell cheese, or is it just you?! "
Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #1309

Haha that reminds me of Simon 3D when you run infront of the cheese guys truck and block it.

But now for my guess...tricky Wild guess it sounds like Kyrandia...like something maybe Malcolm would say in "Malcolms revenge" to King Brandon when they've been turned into mice?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #1310

You're very close! it's a Kyrandia game, but not Book 3.

To be honest, when I see or have in inventory cheese in a game, I start laughing and remember Malcom saying "Amazing!" every time he uses the cheese machine!

Anyways, remember any more mices in Kyrandia?

Last edited by kate me; 10-19-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #1311

I miss Kyrandia now, I remember having soooo much trouble running those games properly, since day 1, having to make bootdisks and shit. Should try to find Mac versions instead.

Okay well what scene could it be from then. Book 1 I haven't played for ages, but remember spending most of the time in an underground labyrinth with no mice. Also a distinct lack of the humor that the 2nd and 3rd game had.

So I'm guessing book2 Hands of fate. But which scene....I do remember making cheese in that game. It could be the ferry guy maybe? Wait could it be when she ends up on that island with the dinosaurs?

Anyways If the game is right but not the scene, I would like to try to keep guessing the scene.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #1312

Well, since we're playing ping-pong for a whole page now...

I replayed Book 3 recentlly with Dosbox and was OK...

Anyways,
"but remember spending most of the time in an underground labyrinth with no mice" Ah yes, the firebush cave...a little annoying...and Brandon was annoying too..

Yep, it's Book 2 -Hand of fate (the best of the series!), but it's not where you make cheese, nor the fairy guy, he just wants gold, not cheese , but the mouse scene is close by to the fairy guy, if you walk around a little...

You can guess the scene, but you can place your quote if you want...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #1313

Haha yeah it's nice when there's no competition and you can take your time to get it right.

So lets see then...if I remember correctly walking off to the side...means crossing the quick sand and ending up at that cottage with the...toads I think? Who keeps asking if Zanthia is Farns friend or something? But could it be then that she runs in to the guy with the hand who annoys her? The guy who wants to help her? When walking to the left, right? :-).
Old 10-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #1314

Well, the "guy with the hand who annoys her" is Marco, and it's one of the funniest part of the game...because Zanthia always have to get him out of trouble...
And on the right of Marco there's an entrence to a cave!

You can replay the cave part with dosbox or see a walkthrough to see the scene...

And place your quote...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #1315

Okay I will try using dosbox to replay it, but for now I guess I'll have to give up, can't remember what happens in the cave.

Not going to look at a walkthrough, but will place a new quote if you really want me to.

"shoot"
Not sure if it's an exact quote but it's one of the most memorable ones from an excellent game that I'm sure you have played many times!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #1316

Hmm...
That's kinda vague...

So I HAVE to ask:
By shoot you mean :

a) Oh, shoot... (I mean when something don't turn out like you wanted and then you say that...)
b) Literary shoot at something?
c) You ask someone to tell you something

Well, I have to start somewhere , so...
Is it a Sierra game by any chance?

(Sorry if to many questions! But I seem )
Old 10-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #1317

"Oh shoot", in fact that may be the full quote (but I think it's just shoot).

It's not a quote used in a conversation, it's something the main character says whenever you walk over a certain something. It's not a Sierra game but it's from the same time as the Sierra series, the magical 90's.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #1318

Ok, since my brain cogs aren't helping me much , I'll go with 2 wild guesses:

I'm between Full Throttle or Day of the tentacle.

But I'm probably wrong...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #1319

Okay so let me give you a clue cause that wasn't even close.

This is the second of 3 games. All 3 games have a different main character but all 3 characters appear in each others games too.

You're walking around on an island and there's like hot geysers or lava or something (cant remember exactly), if you stand still for a little while the character goess "shoot" and if you stand around for too long the character goes up in flames.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #1320

Legend of Kyrandia 2: The hand of Fate?